Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How long does it normally take to process a Maryland state tax return. It shows that it was accepted however when I call the tax return line they not received

I have the same problem. It’s been a month and a week since I filed my Maryland tax electronically and so far no return

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How long does it normally take to process a Maryland state tax return. It shows that it was accepted however when I call the tax return line they not received

This is what MD says:

https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/forms/19_forms/resident_booklet.pdf

6-8 weeks to process

@Brookhosanna

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Handsign

Mail md tax package in 2/10 and md site have not registered receiving, should I mail another copy?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If you have used the MD refund page with no luck, I would try calling.  Here are the numbers:  Income Tax Information: 410-260-7980 from Central Maryland or 1-800-MD-TAXES (1-800-638-2937) from elsewhere in Maryland.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
seyesam1

Hi, Have you got your refund now?

seyesam1

Any luck now?

seyesam1

Have you got the refund now?

MD_1953

I filed my 2019 MD taxes electronically in Feb 2020 and got a confirmation email from Turbo tax.  I have checked with MD Comptroller website and they indicate that my return has not been processed as of July 15 2020.  My federal return was processed in March 2020.  I tried to find out via a web search whether other people have had problems with MD and found nothing useful.  Has anyone else had this kind of problem or an answer?  My taxes are simple and straight forward with no complications.

Timbird
Returning Member

It's been 5 days since my Maryland tax return was accepted but I still can't track it in the Comptroller of Maryland is this normal

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Normally, it takes 15-21 business days to process the income tax returns after acceptance of your electronically filed returns. You may check Maryland website for the status of your refund.

Sss,Maryland individual tax assistance, link.

ishydr28

Last year I received my MD State Tax Return in exactly 5 working days after I file it. This year, the MD "Where's My Refund" is already updated. Mine says it's already on process. I filed mine February 15. 

Mvmarks

Im having the same issue it still says processing.. idk what that means its been recieved since the 12th n i already received federal 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The state of Maryland may be taking longer than usual this year to process returns and refunds.  Recently, Governor Hogan signed the RELIEF Act of 2021, which contained many changes to the tax law in response to COVID-19 issues and the Comptroller's office is working to implement these changes.

Just keep checking Where's My Refund? on the Comptroller of Maryland website.

@Mvmarks

@ishydr28

Did you ever get refund? How long did it take. always got our back in a week. 

How long did take get your maryland refund? It has always been 7 to 10 days for me sometimes just week but wondering how this year will be due to all issues. 

Thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies