turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

poaurgo

I'm a citizen living in Pakistan and no mail is going from Pakistan to US due to covid-19. How do I file my taxes?

I'm unable to file my taxes electronically so I need to mail them in.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm a citizen living in Pakistan and no mail is going from Pakistan to US due to covid-19. How do I file my taxes?

Since you cannot efile or mail your return, there is no other alternative that I'm aware of.

If you are getting a refund, you are not required to file by the July 15 filing deadline. If you owe taxes, you would need to request an extension to Oct. 15 in hopes that Pakistan starts allowing mail to go to the US by then. Unfortunately you will incur late payment penalties for not paying by July 15. 

poaurgo

It just so happens to be that I don’t owe any taxes and neither am I getting a refund. Does that mean that I can mail them in once the mail starts to fly again? 

Thanks.

If you don't owe any taxes, you can wait and mail it in whenever you are able to without any penalty. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies