turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep getting this error "That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)" when trying to import my stock trades from webull. What could be going wrong?

I have less then 500 trades so its not a large amount. I also tried importing it from apex clearing which webull uses and im still getting the same error.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I keep getting this error "That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)" when trying to import my stock trades from webull. What could be going wrong?

You may have to delete This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide steps to enter a 1099-INT.

How to add a 1099-INT

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not going to enter it manually.  I paid extra for professional to be able to import it automatically. 

I'm facing the same issues. Can anyone from TurboTax look into it and solve it? 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@redferrari80

There is no extra cost to import your 1099. That is included in any software you purchase. If you are referring to Turbo Tax Live, this offers help from a tax expert when you have questions about your return. Also, a review of your return by an expert before filing.

@drcytan223

For this error, you may want to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. 

To do that,

1. Log in to the brokerage account
  2. Once logged on to Security Center, scroll down to Third-Party Access to Account Information, and under OFX, select Enable Third-Party Access.
  3. You will receive an email confirming third-party access is enabled.
CA38

I had similar issues with TurboTax 2020 desktop. I was able to complete the import by selecting "Apex Clearing" as the institution.

I entered my 8-character webull account number as the username (even though it says to use 10 characters), and my SSN (no dashes) as the password.

I originally had deluxe, and when I went to import my stocks it told me it wasn't available for the version I had and I needed to upgrade to premium.  

I'm having the same issue (same message and 103 code).

Tried to select Webull Financial and Apex Clearing and didn't work.

Btw good suggestion from @CA38 , thanks, for one second, think the issue was solved.

I am using Premier on the Website.

I can't find anything in my webull account related to "Enable Third-Party Access."

Please, can anyone from Turbo Tax have any suggestions?

Many thanks to @CA38 . The workaround works(for Webull), appreciated.

Hi @SForrestLO, I'm still facing the same issues while trying to import my docs from Robinhood and Etrade. I tried the workaround(Apex Clearing) on these two account/broker, but, the error(code 103) still pops up. Can you please advise the solutions? I'm sure 'Data Sharing Permission' is set to Enable from the account setting. Thanks.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@drcytan223 You would need to verify with your financial institution that the file is ready and available to import to your tax return. See this link for more information.

Thank you for the update, it works now.

I selected Webull and entered my 8-character webull account number in first box, and my (like @CA38 ) SSN (no dashes) as the password

Thank you for the update, it works now.

I selected Webull from the list and entered my 8-character webull account number in the first box, and my SSN (no dashes) in the second box like the website suggestion 👍

MO44

I still have the same error. I tried both Webull and Apex and it didn't work. Any tips?

srawat
Returning Member

Did you made an account with Apex clearing? I am trying the same way as you have described but I am not able to export it. Also, I have 120 pages of 1099. Do you think that's the problem?

Vivi Zhou

I have the same issue. I have 132 pages of records. Still getting the error 103

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies