turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep getting an error when trying to submit my 1095-A. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
GloriaL
Expert Alumni

I keep getting an error when trying to submit my 1095-A. Has anyone else had the same issue?

I would recommend going back to your 1095-A and reviewing your entries.  Many times if there is an entry in an error that should not be, it creates an error.

For any boxes that do not have an amounts in on your 1095-A, you would leave them blank, instead of entering a zero.

You need to go back to the 1095-A input screen to check your entries:

1. Open TurboTax.
  2. In the Search box type in 1095-A.
  3. Click on “Jump to 1095-A”.
  4. This will take you the screen where you entered the information for your 1095-A.
  5. Click on Edit.
  6. On that screen check to see if you entered and zeros, if so delete them and leave those boxes blank.
  7. Click on Continue.

MariaRib

When entering the Part II Column A numbers, my form has all zeros for B and C.  TT instructions are to leave these BLANK.  However, when I leave them blank, I get an error telling me they MUST have an entry.  So which way??

This is caused by a browser error.  The browser has put something in the field and even though it looks blank there is some character that you cannot see.

Use the Chrome browser, not the app

1. Click the three dots in the upper right corner
  2. Select Settings
  3. Privacy and Security
  4. Clear browser data for all time
  5. I
  6. Then sign in to TurboTax on the Chrome browser
  7. Go to Tax Tools,
  8. Tools, Delete a Form and delete your 1095-A 
  9. Go to the program and enter the 1095-A again being careful not to type in any field that should be blank
  10.  Run Review again.
  11. The error should be gone.

Form 1095-A is a form that is sent to Americans who obtain health insurance coverage through a Health Insurance Marketplace carrier. The form does not have to be returned to the government but serves as a record of the individual's coverage.

MariaRib

I'm not using a browser.  I purchased the desktop version.  There's nothing to clear as far as I can tell.  I've tried to do it in the Forms but the same problem comes up.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Have you tried deleting the forms that you have started and re-entering them?   First, delete all the 1095-A forms that have been started.   Sometimes, when trying to fix one error, another form is started and when you get an error message, it is actually referencing a different form than the one you are working on.   So delete all the forms in that section.  

Once you are sure there are no Form 1095-As in your return, re-enter your 1095-A.   If you have a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C, those don't get entered into TurboTax, just keep them with your tax records.  Form 1095-A can have blank fields, but for any month that you had coverage, there has to be an entry in columns A and B.    If there were months that you were not covered, columns A and C should be $0 or blank.    @MariaRib

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This happened to me just now. The problem was that I copied and pasted the information from my 1095-A pdf. Once I typed everything in manually, it allowed me to continue.

MrTrim

I had the same problem. When I looked in the Forms view (rather than step-by-step) it showed two 1095-A forms for me and my wife. I think I deleted one or both, or somehow went back and cleared/re-entered the info and all was well.  Seems like a TT bug in the data entry & form generation.

Dishaloo
Returning Member

Have you found an answer??

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Delete the form and re-enter it.   What kind of error message are you getting and are you trying to file or are you just preparing the return right now?  @Dishaloo 

Saif09
Returning Member

1095-a does not work. I deleted all zero and keep asking enter 0. If enter 0 then Smart check message, delete 0 

TB figure out

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not like zeroes in Colum A, B and C.
To clarify, you have entry for identifier  (state) and policy ID?
And you have entries in Column A and B for any that have an entry in Column C?

Saif09
Returning Member

I started deleted 1095-a and started new entry after I added info in Colin 1 & 2 then message keep displaying enter amount. 

can some help me

Saif09
Returning Member

I deleted 1095-a and started new entry after I added info in Column 1 & 2 then message keep displaying enter amount. 

can someone help me

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

To clarify, you have information in Column A and B but zeroes in Column C?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies