turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

woodzach

I keep getting an error when I try to file it tells me to fix the return and it takes me back to 1040/1040SR, no matter what I put it tells me to fix it?

It has to do with the charitable donations.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I keep getting an error when I try to file it tells me to fix the return and it takes me back to 1040/1040SR, no matter what I put it tells me to fix it?

If you have made any charitable donations in 2020 and entered the info in the program, what is the message prevents you from e-filing?

Is this a cash or noncash contributions? If this is related to a cash donation on line 10b of your Form 1040, read here: Form 1040 line 10b

Under the CARE Act, taxpayers can claim an "above-the-line" deduction of up to $300 for cash donations made to charity during 2020. This means the deduction reduces both adjusted gross income and taxable income without itemizing.  In the past, you can only benefit the charitable donations on a Schedule A and only if you itemize.  To see more information, click here: Charitable donations

If this does not resolve your issue, please write back with clarification.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
woodzach

There is no message, I enter the information and hit continue. Then it asks me over and over to fix the same thing. I have read the directions and it meets the requirements, for some reason it won't take the information. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

An agent can further assist you with this. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies