turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

t_muh

I haven't received the first, second, or third stimulus payment. I filed 1040 for 2019 and just finished filing for 2020. How do I get my stimulus payments?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I haven't received the first, second, or third stimulus payment. I filed 1040 for 2019 and just finished filing for 2020. How do I get my stimulus payments?

If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit. 

  

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following: 

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off 

2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen 

3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue 

4. Follow the interview 

5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus 

6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040. 

Regarding the third stimulus payment - This link continues to be updated as information becomes available.  This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes on number 30 it shows that I am due $1800 for the first and second stimulus. The issue is that I got my refund, but not my stimulus payments. 

@Jeannot1958 wrote:

Yes on number 30 it shows that I am due $1800 for the first and second stimulus. The issue is that I got my refund, but not my stimulus payments. 

The Recovery Rebate Credit shown on the 2020 Form 1040 Line 30 will be included in the federal tax refund or it will reduce the federal taxes owed.  It is Not a separate tax refund.

I am aware of that and I do not own the IRS anything, but I still DIDN'T get my first and second stimulus payments.

@Jeannot1958 wrote:

I am aware of that and I do not own the IRS anything, but I still DIDN'T get my first and second stimulus payments.

You posted that Line 30 includes an amount of $1,800 which is the total of the first and second stimulus payment if you filed as Single with no dependents.

Look at your tax return.  The amount from Line 30 is included in your Total Payments on Line 33.  Subtracting Line 24 from Line 33 gives you your federal tax refund on Line 34.

Did the IRS take the 1800 off your tax return and adjust your refund?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies