turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I have triple checked my information from my tax return to the IRS to go app and it tells me my information doesn't match what's wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I have triple checked my information from my tax return to the IRS to go app and it tells me my information doesn't match what's wrong?

Hello, did you ever received an answer what you received the error message about you information not matching. You ended up receiving your refund?

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.
  • If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

You can check the status of your refund in English or Spanish by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. Try using the website version instead of the app as well: http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

See TurboTax FAQhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242575

I have triple checked my information from my tax return to the IRS to go app and it tells me my information doesn't match what's wrong?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you been able to check the status of your return before, but are now receiving this message? If so, that happens from time to time when your return is being processed. Please continue to check for updates using the Where's My Refund? tool at the IRS website, which updates daily. If you mean something else, please respond back so that we can try to help.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Brankey23

I have had this same issue. I have not been able to track it this year at all but until the past night it has said I needed to wait 24 hours however I filed on Jan 25th.Now when I check it tells me my information is incorrect.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. With the new tax laws and updates, the IRS is taking every precaution to ensure each tax return is process correctly and fully. Because of this, it is taking a little longer to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If your return was accepted 21 days ago ( after opening day of January 27th, 2020 and excluding holidays) or more and you have not received an update via the Where's My Refund tool, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...​​​​​​​

Kaitsod

My returns were accepted on the 27th.I have done other people’s returns for them on TurboTax AFTER mine with later accept dates.Everyone I have done them for has their deposit date.

Ive been checking my status and it always told me processing.Yesterday and today I check and it tells me my information is wrong.On the app and on the actual site.Why is my information suddenly wrong?

Many have posted the same thing ... either the IRS site is down or overwhelmed ... try again later. 

Starwberri
Returning Member

Mines said approved and had a DD 02/26 last night now today it's saying information is incorrect. Why it's saying that? 

WKins2
Expert Alumni

It could be that adjustments were made to your return by the IRS that caused the refund amount to change. Best thing to do is to contact the IRS directly and ask them if they made changes to the return, and see if they are able to let you know what is going on.

My situation is exactly like yours starwberri . DD was set for 2/26 last night and now it’s telling me my information is incorrect. 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Since the date shown is 2/26 wait to see what happens by that date; if nothing, try logging in again and then call again if needed.

Bpearce

Not only am I unable to go back and look at all my information I filed with, irs.gov says my information is incorrect. It says my taxes are filed and printed, ready to mail. I received my turbo card but cant check my return status, and cant get ahold of ANYONE who is able to help me. At this point I have doubts that I will receive anything at all. I am depending on this

The IRS has been overwhelmed with calls and so has the WMR site as millions of PATH filers flood the system this week  ... so no info is not bad news it just is no news and this has been a weak spot of the service since inception.   Simply relax and try again later tonight or tomorrow when the volume has been reduced.

Also if you try too many times in a 24 hour period you can be blocked for 24 hours ... so only try once or twice a day at different times of the year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies