turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have to attach a required miscellaneous statement to my federal return. Is there a form within TurboTax that will allow me to do this or do I have to file via mail?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have to attach a required miscellaneous statement to my federal return. Is there a form within TurboTax that will allow me to do this or do I have to file via mail?

TurboTax Business has a full-page blank statement form, but it is not entitled as the Reg dictates (it simply reads, "Miscellaneous Statement").

Some professional software tax prep programs include the appropriately entitled statement, but not TurboTax. As a result, you could be better off simply using a word processor to generate the statement and then printing and mailing the entire return.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

There is a Blank Form that appears that it would be e-filed along with the rest of the forms in the return.

It could work but I only get half a page. I need a full page to provide all of the supporting information I need to provide to the IRS. The Blank form does allow me to continue but it prints out on a separate page. Maybe next year they will allow for full page statement. 😀

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax usually has provisions for statements that are required by the IRS. What exactly do you need the statement for?

Statement pursuant to IRS Regulation Section 1.351-3(a) transfers of property to controlled corporation.

TurboTax Business has a full-page blank statement form, but it is not entitled as the Reg dictates (it simply reads, "Miscellaneous Statement").

Some professional software tax prep programs include the appropriately entitled statement, but not TurboTax. As a result, you could be better off simply using a word processor to generate the statement and then printing and mailing the entire return.

That's what I thought. Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies