Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BobR4
Returning Member

I have the downloaded version of Home

The FAQs on the matter do not answer my question about how to download my CSV file from CoinTracker or to enter manually from the download version I have.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for assistance downloading from a CSV file:

You may also find more information on this community post here.

BobR4
Returning Member

I went to this FAQ…

How do I upload a CSV file of my crypto transactions?

The instructions are as follows,

1. Sign in to TurboTax, and open or continue your return
  2. In the Wages and Income section under Investments and Savings (or Investment Income), select Start or Revisit next to Crypto (1099-B)

however, there is no Crypto (1099-B) for me to choose from.

There is a question about did I have any crypto transactions, but it is a simple radio button (to which I answered yes).

I want ro upload my CoinTracker CSV to my downloaded Home & Business version.

why am I not seeing a place to download my CSV?

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

You can use the cryptocurrency import and other features with the TurboTax Online Premier and Self-employed versions, only. 

One option is to start a free tax return in TurboTax Premier Online. You don't pay for the return until you file it, so you won't have to pay the Online fee.  Enter (import) your cryptocurrency information in the Crypto section, and then save the .tax file (not PDF).  You can then open the tax file in TurboTax desktop, add the rest of your tax data and file.

The other option would be to file using the Online software and get a refund for the desktop program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BobR4
Returning Member

HelenC12,

I think this is very helpful. I've been traveling. Will try your suggestion to work through the web version, download the CSV file and then save it to my desktop as you suggest. I'll let you know how I make out.

Looks like it should solve my problem. Stay tuned, but again, thank you for the suggestion.

BobR4
Returning Member

I was able to import the data via online version and then save to my desktop. Thank you, so much!

I have two additional questions.

1) My CoinTracker shows income from staked activity that shows up in Form 1040 Sched 1 under line 8z - Other Income. However, I do not see that entry when I connected my CoinTracker account to the online version. It only shows the capital & short term gains Form Sched D. Will the Schedule 1. Currently, if I go to the forms view on the now downloaded online file, I do not see Sched 1. Do I need to upload the Sched. 1 form manually or is the transaction there & I just don't see it at this point?

2) Is there a way to have my 2020 TurboTax loaded into the online version I downloaded like TurboTax did when I started my original 2021 return from the TT download version?

Again, thank you for your help.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We're happy to help.

@BobR4

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BobR4
Returning Member

Yep, it did.

Just looking for feedback on my two questions (repeated below).

I have two additional questions.

1) My CoinTracker shows income from staked activity that shows up in Form 1040 Sched 1 under line 8z - Other Income. However, I do not see that entry when I connected my CoinTracker account to the online version. It only shows the capital & short term gains Form Sched D. Will the Schedule 1. Currently, if I go to the forms view on the now downloaded online file, I do not see Sched 1. Do I need to upload the Sched. 1 form manually or is the transaction there & I just don't see it at this point?

2) Is there a way to have my 2020 TurboTax loaded into the online version I downloaded like TurboTax did when I started my original 2021 return from the TT download version?

Again, thank you for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies