turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have already filed my 2020 return, but then received a 1095-A in the mail. On Turbo Tax my e-file status is pending. Is there anything I can do to add this 1095-A now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have already filed my 2020 return, but then received a 1095-A in the mail. On Turbo Tax my e-file status is pending. Is there anything I can do to add this 1095-A now?

You will have to wait.  Once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back or make any changes to it.  You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If your return gets accepted, the IRS may send you a letter asking for the missing 1095-A form.  The amended Federal return (1040X) will not be available until around Feb. 28th (subject to change).

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You will have to wait.  Once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back or make any changes to it.  You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If your return gets accepted, the IRS may send you a letter asking for the missing 1095-A form.  The amended Federal return (1040X) will not be available until around Feb. 28th (subject to change).

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

DucHuynh

I already submit my tax for 2021 and did not enter 1095 A info in, now the paper arrived also my tax got rejected at the same time and said that I need that info. But when I went in to fix it and go through all the steps and I did not see anywhere that I can put in that info...please help me if you know how to, thanks.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

To add your 1095-A info after your return was rejected, type '1095-a' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to 1095-a'.

This link has more info on How to Enter 1095-A.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies