Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

I got an error code 603 when I install TurboTax 2020 on my 4th computer.

Please see the Help Article here for more details on this error code 603.  We have limited ability to be able to assist here, so the best way to get this resolved is to reach back out to our Customer Service.  Please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
woodske50

My hard drive failed, and I am in the process of reinstalling software after replacement. I have only used Turbo Tax 4 times on two different computers.  When I attempted to install on my new hard drive it gave me an error code 603 and won't allow me to activate the product.  I keep the last five years of TurboTax on my computer in case an IRS audit requires additional information/justification.  How can I get TurboTax 2020 activated?

@woodske50 - read the responses above - 

I have the same problem.  Purchased TT Premier 2022 from a licensed seller and downloaded for 3 installations on my windows 10 computers.  On the 4th and last computer it said all activations used, error 603.  That's not true, and less than what I paid for, 5 installations, which TT advertises.

Since it gave me this error code it is obviously contacting the TT server and returning this information.  So the problem is not on my end and all this baloney about check your router, reboot, blah bah blah is just that, a stall designed to keep you from getting what you paid for.  I am also not interested in spending hours on the phone with TT support just to be told I have to buy it again.  I don't have time for that, and I already paid.

So if I do not receive resolution from the seller I purchased from I plan to file an FTC complaint against TT for fraudulent selling practices.  TT can then deal with that, it is a problem of their own making that they have brought upon themselves.  I would encourage others with this problem (seems there are MANY) to do the same thing, as only pressure from the FTC will make them act like the responsible sellers they should be and not some scam outfit trying to gouge consumers out of what they paid for.

File your complaint here:  https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

I have just submitted a fraud report with the FTC also. I purchased my turbotax home & business program from walmart.com.  The seller emailed me the code and I activated it on turbotax.intuit.com's website (in my account) that night.

This was back in October 2022.  I downloaded the program and installed it.  No problems there, seen it showed up with my other turbotax items. 

I go to open my Turbotax Home & Business 2021 program that worked fine a few months ago this evening (1/14/2023) and it wants me to activate... WTF.  It took me a minute, but I tracked down the activation code and then I get the "maximum number of activations reached".  BULL SH!~  I have only installed this program ONE TIME and ONE TIME only on this computer!  TOTAL FRAUDS.  

jjjrxcm

yes i have an error on the other computer i can not access the program

emshaw

Actually error code 603 apparently happens for no apparent reason.  I just attempted to open my 2019 Turbotax and was informed I needed to enter the registration.  When I did I got error code 603.  I have it loaded on only 2 computers and it was registered on the computer it now is not working on.  Apparently the registration can become corrupted.  Now I have to find how to get Intuit to get this fixed.   Comments here do not seem to cover when then registration count is corrupted.

fathi

I've purchased a new computer and I'd like to reinstall  all my turbo taxes for years 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, I already have the KEYS but I got the message all activation keys used.

please help

The issue is Intuit writes garbage software.  This is still an issue in 2022 and 2023 versions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies