turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cage30
Returning Member

I get error code 605 when trying to activate tt Premier 2020 and I am entering the correct code. Solutions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I get error code 605 when trying to activate tt Premier 2020 and I am entering the correct code. Solutions?

If you receive an error code that says, "The license code you entered is not valid. Error code: XXX", it means the code you're entering is either not valid for that product or is no longer active. Check that you're entering the code exactly as it appears on your CD insert or copy and paste it directly from your Downloads.

If you receive an error code with a message saying, “All available activation's for that code have been used,” that means your code has already been used the maximum number of times, and therefore can’t be used to install the software on another computer. TurboTax can be installed on up to five computers using the same license code. If you have not used it on five computers then contact us for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This did not help.  I am using the activation code provided exactly.  I have tried numerous times and I still get the error code 605.

kid_wonder
Returning Member

Same issue here

I am getting The license code you entered is not valid. Error code: 605 for a code that  you literally copy from your account page. Unreal for a company whose products you need pretty high confidence in.

Intuit has some major problems - people can't pay for Turbo Tax Online to file their taxes and app users can't activate their product.

Time to reconsider Intuit

cage30
Returning Member

I think I might have finally figured this out but have no way of proving it. I ordered TT Premier from a 3rd party. I downloaded the software for Windows but I think they sent me the license for Mac. I never thought to notice their confirmation (which included links for both Windows and Mac) indicated I ordered Mac. I don't think I ordered Mac but I no longer can reach that company so I guess I'm out of luck. I also can not figure out how to contact Intuit since their robot keeps sending me in circles. Sometimes you just need to talk to a human. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You can speak with an agent. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. Contact an agent

kid1der

605 Error Code means the order was cancelled.

Here is how that happened for me:

When I heard this I tried to log into Intuit with my old Quicken account (which worked). I somehow ended up with 2 Intuit accounts back during the Quicken break off. I got 2 charges back in November and couldn't figure out why so I disputed one of them with my cc bank.

This 2nd account is where that 2nd charge came from - however this also had an activation code and that one worked.

Just a note, if this is what happened to you Intuit will not accept your cc payments (from your address, I think) - a cs rep had to use a fake address to perform a charge (for my state return bundle) in order for my returns to get submitted. You have to talk to some special department to get them to really fix your account or your charges will continue to be denied

robertgillmore
Returning Member

without a code that works my Turbo Tax is useless. I did not order premier

robertgillmore
Returning Member

I am not a new member have used Turbo for years. User name is gillmore03

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you clarify your issue? Are you referring to the license code or the error code?

@robertgillmore

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies