Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I forgot to sign my 1040 form with my signature

@Omizzy93   I can't tell......Did you file a 2019 return last year or not?  If you did not file then you do not amend it.  Just finish it and print and mail 2019 now and sign it in ink.   And if you did not file a 2019 return then enter 0 (zero) to efile 2020 now.  

@Omizzy93 Hold on while we get some clarity from you.   Are you trying to prepare and file a 2019 return for the first time?   Have you filed a 2019 return at all?   Or did you file one last year that was processed by the IRS and now you need to change something?  

If you are just starting your first return for 2019---do not click on anything that says "amend" --- you do not amend a tax return that has never been filed in the first place.   

Please explain what you are doing and what software you are using.  You cannot use the current online software for a 2019 return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh oky makes more sense now. To make it clarity I for got to put my e-signature on the 2020 tax return. So I was reading on one of the comments said to not worry after it got accepted. I know that the irs does not give any info about if it got approved or not. It wasent been 21 days yet. I went to the irs website n it said there wasent no info at this time about my taxes. So do I just print out the form and sign it with ink? If I have to mail it where address do I mail it to? 

The IRS website is not updating right.  They are having problems.  Lots of people's returns are not showing up there.  They even show up after they get their refund.  So you can't go by the IRS Refund lookup page.  

Did you efile?  Was it accepted?  You can check your efile status here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

If it rejected post back.  If it rejected for the wrong AGI then try entering 0 for the AGI.

On February 24 I just 2 emails from turbo tax saying state was accepted and federal was accepted. So I don't have to worry right? With out my e-sign n 5 digit ip id on line 20 I believe I still get my refund? 

Sounds good.  You are good to go.  Do not mail it.  Just wait for the IRS and state to process them.  

Just breathe.... your 2020 return was accepted and you only have to wait now for it to be processed.   No amended returns, no mailed signatures....no fancy footwork required.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What about line 20?  Line 20 on what form?  

My bad not line 20 I ment the 6 digit numbers that the irs sents to you. Right next to my signature. I did not put the 6 digit number I was reading thats for just in case you forget to e-sign. 

Sorry to bother you again @VolvoGirl  so in 21 days from the day I turned in the taxes. If I don't receive my refund that will be this coming Friday March 12 would make 21 days. The irs will mail me a paper to fill out some incomplete info. Right? Thank you for helping me I appreciate it

wineguy13

I just received my unsigned return. There is no direction about what address I send it back to. Where do I need to send the signed return to? 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies