turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes last night for 2018’s I just need to know if I did it correctly

•  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my taxes last night for 2018’s I just need to know if I did it correctly

@MaryZ03 wrote:

I don’t remember what I did.im so sorry

Unless you purchased, downloaded and installed one of the 2018 desktop editions to complete the 2018 tax return and then print, sign, date and mail the federal tax return to the IRS, then nothing has been filed.

The TurboTax online editions are ONLY for tax year 2019 and a 2019 tax return cannot be filed until after January 1, 2020.  So if you entered 2018 tax data on the 2019 online tax return, nothing has been filed.  You should clear the 2019 return of all 2018 tax data, if that is what you did.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Carl
Level 15

There is no way you e-filed your 2018 taxes last night. The IRS closed e-filing for the 2018 tax filing season on Oct 15, 2019 permanently and forever. It's also not possible for you to have used the online version of the program for your 2018 taxes either for the same reason. Maybe you used the Desktop version? If so, the only way to file your 2018 taxes is to print, sign and mail them to the IRS. Same for the state if you need to file a state tax return.

@MaryZ03 You have posted in five different threads and you need to stop doing that.  Please keep your questions together.  Click on Reply to tell us what you did --what software did you use?  Why do you think you "filed" last night?  What exactly did you do?  Did you use software that you purchased and downloaded to your own computer, or did you use the online software that is currently available?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Is there anyway I can see what I did .

@MaryZ03 wrote:

Unless you purchased, downloaded and installed one of the 2018 desktop editions to complete the 2018 tax return and then print, sign, date and mail the federal tax return to the IRS, then nothing has been filed.

The TurboTax online editions are ONLY for tax year 2019 and a 2019 tax return cannot be filed until after January 1, 2020.  So if you entered 2018 tax data on the 2019 online tax return, nothing has been filed.  You should clear the 2019 return of all 2018 tax data, if that is what you did.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

I need to file my 2018 taxes

@mharrison64 wrote:

I need to file my 2018 taxes

To complete and file a 2018 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer, Win or Mac, one of the 2018 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

You must have had a tax due or refund amount. Once you file your tax return (mail it in this case), you will know it was acceptable when your tax payment clears if you owed taxes, or when you receive your refund if you were due one.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies