turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot submit my tax forms because form 2555-T is missing. The availability of this form is postponed every week. When will this form be available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I cannot submit my tax forms because form 2555-T is missing. The availability of this form is postponed every week. When will this form be available?

As of today, the Form 2555 is expected to be available 2/18/2021.  To see updates of the forms, click here: Forms

If you have made any foreign income, you would use Form 2555 to calculate the excludable portion of your foreign income and the housing exclusion deduction while working on foreign soil.  For 2020, the maximum exclusion amount has increased to $107,600.  Due to the global health emergency caused by COVID-19, the IRS has provided relief related to the time requirement necessary to meet either the bona fide residence test or physical presence test.  To  learn more, click here: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i2555

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 2555-T and related instructions appear to be available on the IRS website.  Why is the form not included in TurboTax? In the TurboTax program, the date of the availability of this form keeps on being postponed (i.e., one more week, every time the promised date is about to expire). When will the form be added to TurboTax is the question. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

That form is currently showing it will be ready on 02/18/2021. 

You can click here to track the return on the form availability. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because it is ready in paper form doesn't always mean it is ready in electronic form - they are different sets of forms that must all be approved by the IRS.

This form typically gets lower priority in TurboTax as well because it is not used by a large number of customers and most of those customers have until June 15 to file their returns.  

Talking about it here won't make it become available any sooner than it is ready.  All you can do is keep checking the list and the software.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies