Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

I tried all the various fixes suggested (including the useless old chestnut “clear your cache”). The bottom line is that it just doesn’t work. 

I gave up and typed it all in myself. It is possible to save time by consolidating entries into categories, and this aggregation is apparently ok with IRS. 

But I miss the old days when it just worked each year. 

BTW none of the other tax preparation software imports from Wells Fargo either. 

sorry!

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

I imported all my friend's Wells Fargo 1099 including 1099B.  It took several tries and we had to pick the right WF partner.  But it eventually worked.  Then in June I went over and deleted the imported 1099 to download the corrected 1099 from Wells.  No problem at all.  That one connected on the first time.

you're not logging in on the web-- you're working in  turbo tax...

This is for the Intuit support people who believe there's no problem in the Turbo Tax software.  I've tried several times to import my Wells Fargo tax documents and tried all 3 Wells Fargo import options, Wells Fargo Advisors, Wells Fargo Asset Management and Wells Fargo Bank and none of them work for me.  When I try Wells Fargo Bank (which is definitely the correct one for my accounts), here's the error message I get.

Annotation 2020-07-11 194204.jpg

As someone who works in I.T., I find it amusing that the error message is referencing the system date (i.e. the current date).  This is clearly a bug that needs to be fixed by Turbo Tax.  If I had to take an educated guess, Wells Fargo changed their web services to access to the tax documents and Turbo Tax needs to update their code to properly communicate with the Wells Fargo web services.  

So today I figured I'd try to import my tax documents again from Wells Fargo Bank to see if the date on the error message I got yesterday changed to today's date (which would have been very amusing) but I was shocked to see today I got a completely different error message which was much better than yesterday's error message.  Here's a screen shot.

Annotation 2020-07-12 225906.jpg

I also noticed that it's now prompting me to choose how I want to receive the 2 factor authentication code and also to enter it which it wasn't doing yesterday.  It looks like someone is trying to fix the import issues with Wells Fargo Bank so I'll give Intuit credit for working on it.

I had a nightmare trying to get the data from Vanguard too! This years' TurboTax Deluxe and Premier are having Major problems connecting with Vanguard and others. Check out my post and what I had to go through to FINALLY get it to work. I was ready to smash my monitor against the wall it was so frustrating. And you get NO HELP from either Intuit nor Vanguard. Who hates entering your user name and password for your retirement accounts too??? I was frightened and had to change the password 5X out of fear of theft !   :(

Had the same problem !

When Importing your 1099 DO NOT go to Wells Fargo Advisors.

Import from FIRST CLEARING

It worked for me Good Luck

Just got off the phone with TurboTax support.  It sounds like a known bug, and was told to try back tomorrow or call another support number to get some actual help.  I gotta say the importing is one of the reasons you buy this software and over the past few years it's been hit or miss.  You would think it's the one thing the package would do well.

One of the primary reasons you buy the software is to save time by importing.  Of course you can enter it manually -- I would vote this the #1 USELESS post

Wow, this issue is almost 2 years old and it's still not fixed and Intuit is still giving excuses.  I'm a loyal TurboTax user after a bad experience with one of their competitors but now I'm starting to question that loyalty.  This type of issue shouldn't take this long to fix, especially with one of the nation's largest banks.  Intuit get your act together and fix this already. 

Not clear on what the problem is.  I imported from Wells Fargo Advisors just fine.  

Keyssandi

AFTER TRYING NUMEROUS TIMES TO DOWNLOAD MY WELLS FARGO BROKERAGE ACCOUNTS I CONTACTED WELLS FARGO.  SAID IT WAS TURBO TAX PROBLEM.  I GO FOR HELP ON TURBO TAX AND ALL I GET IS "YOU CAN DO IT MANUALLY?"  WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO WHEN IT'S WORKED EVERY YEAR TIL NOW.  THIS IS OUR MOST COMPLICATED BROKERAGE ACCOUNT AND I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT MANUALLY, ESPECIALLY PAYING OVER $200 TO ACTUALLY FILE MY OWN TAXES.

...I saw somewhere that importing from Wells Fargo will not work with the downloaded application or the CD version...only works when using TT online.

What a load of cheese...they show WF as one of their "partners".

Bunch of sophomores they are...why people bother to post in these communities is beyond me...nothing is ever addressed or resolved.  They are blind, deaf and DUMB.

screw you turbof_x

I posted this message a year ago!  And it's still a problem.

Ironically I posted the same message a few weeks ago about WF and Fidelity not importing for this tax season.

I got the same answers from turbo tax, check with fidelity, hand enter it....

Turbotax has been a let down last year and this year.  I'm looking at alternatives.

It was very disappointing this year, not being able to import my fidelity, because that is my brokerage account and slightly complicated.

They show both WF and fidelity as partners.  Turbotax claimed I must not have the "share with 3rd party button" checked on my WF/Fidelity accounts.  Not true... I verified all this with WF/Fidelity reps.

here is my message from this year and the response -

** https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-import-of-wells-fargo-national-financial-servi...

Try FIRST CLEARING not Well Fargo IN TURBO TAX DROP DOWN MENU, where it lists all the banks etc.

First Clearing is the back office for Wells Fargo Advisors.

It worked for me, 

Good Luck

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies