turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to efile my state ca,ia, va returns. why cant i get pass screen we restored all products associated with this account? i've already paid for the efile.

I am using turbotax desktop home and business 2018. I am ready to file my state return, but I come to a window that says " we restored all products associated with this account" and then it takes me to a payment screen but I've already purchased the states efile for 24.99. So im stuck in a loop and don't know how to get out.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
IreneM1

I am trying to efile my state ca,ia, va returns. why cant i get pass screen we restored all products associated with this account? i've already paid for the efile.

The $24.99 e-file fee for states apply every time you e-file a state. You can print and file your state through the mail at no additional charge.

I'm having the the same issue. they just tell me to paper file my state. They a really aren't much help, are they? H&R Block next year. 

I found a work around for this glitch in their program. TurboTax tech support was no assistance with their "paper file" suggestion. Go back to the start of the Filing process and deselect e-filing the State along with the Federal. Choose to file it separately. Then, after you've e-filed your Federal return, return to the Filing process for your State return and change your option for filing your State return back to the e-filing option and proceed with the filing process.  It worked flawlessly for me using this method. 

AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

You are correct, there is a cost associated with the option to electronically file. If you choose to file by mail, the fee is not charged.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried this and it didn't work

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please use this link to contact support, you may need some additional assistance: TurboTax Support Contact Us Page – Get Help from TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TC_73

As I was explaining this issue to the technical support rep. she told me to hit the SHIFT and ENTER buttons on my keyboard for screen share so she can see what it is. She told me a 6 digit code is supposed to pop up but nothing happened.  So I hit it again and still nothing. I clicked the Close button and it sent my returns successfully. Unfortunately the rep. didn't know that was going to happen either. Problem solved though.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies