Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting the below error while filing a tax return: > X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation. When I try to resubmit my return I get the same error.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I am getting the below error while filing a tax return: > X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation. When I try to resubmit my return I get the same error.

This is a known issue that began about mid-afternoon today (Sunday.)   Several users are reporting they have been impacted by rejection error X0000-005 .     We have reported it to a TurboTax Moderator, but they may not be able to investigate it until during the day on Monday.   And it may or may not be fixed on Monday.

Hold off for now, and something may reset in the next 24 hours that lets you efile soon.  Or at least more info should be coming on Monday.

Give them a chance to work on it.   It may or may not be fixed immediately. The filing deadline is still 24 days away. I personally wouldn't print and mail unless it approached the deadline with no fix. If it's going to take them a while to fix, they usually put out a containment FAQ with more info and possibly a place to sign up for email notifications.

Or if you want to phone Support on Monday here's how. 

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

We're running into the same issue. Is there a way to escalate this to TurboTax? There are a ton of people running into this issue so its not related to individual cases but a broader issue affecting everybody.

@taxnewbie88 wrote:

We're running into the same issue. Is there a way to escalate this to TurboTax? There are a ton of people running into this issue so its not related to individual cases but a broader issue affecting everybody.

I presume you read my answer right above your post.   We realize it's widespread.  There are several threads on this issue that began today (Sunday), a couple of which have many users.   We've notified TurboTax Moderators who will see it this morning and will be sure it's being worked on, and several users have phoned TurboTax Support, who is also aware of the situation.

Thanks for your post,  I'm on my 8th attempt (7 different iterations yesterday). Now I'll sit tight for a few days and wait to see if the cause resolve's itself.

When I asked Help within the program it indicated the cause was most likely an out of place , or . or something like that and could not be resolved so file by mail. Didn't think that was an  acceptable answer so I'm gad I waited and found this forum.

I am hitting same issue, for me it started from midnight Sunday

Has this issue been resolved? It's now Wednesday.

HA Korn

@hakorn1952 wrote:

Has this issue been resolved? It's now Wednesday.

HA Korn

Contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Deanodew

But TT Support just says to follow this site for updates?

I re-filed about 10 minutes ago. So far no rejection notices. The notices previously arrived via e-mail within 1-2 minutes of filing. I'll choose to be very cautiously optimistic for the moment. I'll advise here when additional rejection notices or accepted notices arrive.

HA Korn

The cause of the original error appears to be resolved for me-

Minutes ago-
"Your federal tax return was accepted by the IRS"

Howie Korn

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies