Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How will I know when I can actually file?

I am unable to submit my tax return successfully at this time (below is what I see after trying to file)

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

I already 'submitted my token number to an agent' under my previous discussion thread from last week specifically about the above message. I received no confirmation that my case is being looked into and have not been updated as to next steps/current status.
I received an e-mail from TurboTax yesterday prompting me to log back in and complete my return, so I assumed my issue was resolved or at least updated, but I'm still getting the same error message above after trying to file today. It seems like TurboTax isn't keeping track of my return status and is sending me e-mails prompting me to use their service even though I can't.
I feel helpless and don't know what to do. I'm nervous that I'll be stuck in technology limbo and accidentally make a mistake or forget to file. I have tried to troubleshoot and problem-solve as best as I can but there's nothing else I can do and there doesn't seem to be an effective way to get any real answers or help myself to move forward. 

I only have one W-2, I have no uncommon tax situations that apply to me. I have filed with TurboTax using the same account since 2017. This is the first time I've had this issue. 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Mustanglucy
Returning Member

I believe it's your state ..so all u have to do is delete your state and then do it again...then file it should go thru..this happened to me too

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Mustanglucy
Returning Member

I believe it's your state ..so all u have to do is delete your state and then do it again...then file it should go thru..this happened to me too

Thank you so much for your reply! I have already deleted and completely restarted my return once and it did not fix the issue... Should I try to submit ONLY my federal at this time? Or do I delete JUST my state and re-do that section only?

Mustanglucy
Returning Member

If you only had a w2 I'm pretty sure you just delete the state then log out and log in and reenter state stuff...which state are u in ?

I will try that next, I'm in Iowa!

Mustanglucy
Returning Member

Ya you should be good on that..just do like I said and if it still don't message me and I'll walk you thru some things

I figured out the issue as I was going back through the details of my state return. I have a former employer who I was NOT employed with in 2020 who is not only claiming I have a w-2 to file but ALSO HASN'T FINISHED HIS END OF THE PAPERWORK. That w-2 that shouldn't even apply to me and which I never received any information on is on hold and I won't be able to file until this sorts itself out. I opted to file an alternative W-2 and reported I hadn't and shouldn't receive anything from them. Hopefully this will be over soon! Thanks so much for your help, I wouldn't have been able to get to this point without it! 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies