turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to see additional information for all items of interest/dividends/whatever, such as who each item belongs to, all in one place?

I'm using TurboTax 2018 Premier Desktop.  I want to be able to view a list of all items of Interest Income, or Dividends, or 1099 entries, or whatever, without having to click on each item one at a time, and see information that's not included in the main list.  For example, I can go to Federal Taxes, Wages & Income, Interest on 1099-INT, Update, and it shows all the items in a list with the columns Received From, Interest, Tax-Exempt Interest, and US Treasury Interest.  But it doesn't, for example, have a column showing who the interest belongs to.  For that information, I have to click on the Edit button for each item in the list, one at a time, then click the Back button, and click the Edit button for the next item in the list.  It's quite inconvenient.

Is there a way to add additional columns to the main list, such as who the interest belongs to, or is there a worksheet or report somewhere that lists all the additional information in one place?  It's quite inconvenient to have to click on each item in all these lists one at a time in order to see more information.  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to see additional information for all items of interest/dividends/whatever, such as who each item belongs to, all in one place?

Unfortunately, there is not a specific form or worksheet that displays, for example, interest and dividends in summary or columnar fashion; separate 1099-INT and 1099-DIV forms are created for each account and you have to click on each one in Forms Mode to open them.

The 1099-R, 1099-K, 1099-MISC, and 1099-Q forms have summaries (for taxpayer and spouse) but that is about the extent of it. I actually think I am going to combine your post with another (from another board) and submit this as an enhancement request because it is a good idea to have to a summary screen with columns so users could see everything on one form, without having to jump around from one to the other.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@ItzRav wrote:

Is there a way to add additional columns to the main list, such as who the interest belongs to, or is there a worksheet or report somewhere that lists all the additional information in one place?  

No, there is no way to add columns to that main list; it is hard coded. You can, however, enter Forms Mode (click the icon in the upper right side of the screen) and click on each tax reporting form. That might be slightly more convenient, although not exactly what you would like to see displayed.

Thanks for your reply.  I thought of that, and I did look through the forms and worksheets there, and also searched in the "Open Form" dialog with the word Int and Interest.  The only thing I found that contains interest, for example, is Schedule B, and that form doesn't show additional information such as who each item belongs to.  I still have to click on each item there one at a time.  Do you know of a specific form or worksheet that does?  Thanks.

Unfortunately, there is not a specific form or worksheet that displays, for example, interest and dividends in summary or columnar fashion; separate 1099-INT and 1099-DIV forms are created for each account and you have to click on each one in Forms Mode to open them.

The 1099-R, 1099-K, 1099-MISC, and 1099-Q forms have summaries (for taxpayer and spouse) but that is about the extent of it. I actually think I am going to combine your post with another (from another board) and submit this as an enhancement request because it is a good idea to have to a summary screen with columns so users could see everything on one form, without having to jump around from one to the other.

Thanks for the info, and for submitting this as and enhancement request.  I would find such a summary screen extremely helpful, and I think others would too. There may be other categories other than interest and dividends that would benefit from such a summary, though I can't think of specific examples right now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies