Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to Fix Rejected State Return?: Oregon Federal Tax Liability Hold - Oregon Form 40, 40N and 40P Federal tax liability subtraction requires a software update.

Third submission today around 1:30pm and was just notified today before 5pm that my return was accepted. Never made any changes just kept submitting.  Good luck to all!

How to Fix Rejected State Return?: Oregon Federal Tax Liability Hold - Oregon Form 40, 40N and 40P Federal tax liability subtraction requires a software update.

Used annayhixon explanation above.

tjwoods1
Returning Member

Using the  Desktop version, I don't see a "Delete Return". However under the File Menu there is a "Remove Oregon Data" option. Is this the same thing as deleting and will allow me to start over?

No, I went back to the State Taxes tab & just reinput the state information. 

torodolfo

Have the same issue, refilling after all notices of problem being corrected led me to a second rejection. The fix is not in place yet for 3 days now! Quite frustrating. 

7x135wyy

So how to I obtain the help you promised in Fixing Rejected Oregon State Return?: All you've done so far is sent me reminders that fix requires my attention.

torodolfo

How have you gotten the info about the 3 days wait?

Starting TT after the 1st OR rejection and a following update, it claims now to be up to date. However, that very same version lead to a 2nd rejection.

Filing again and again, as people claim to have done to meet success, lowers further my confidence in this product.

I have been a Turbo Tax user for over a decade. I agree not a good look.

I was able to remove the state tax return from the software, start over, and then filed for a third time. Was accepted within 1.5 hours. This was report by other users in this thread. Worked for me as well.

freik1

How do you mean, you've removed the state and started over? I went through the OR 1040 forms which deal with the Federal Rebate and saw no problem. Indeed after the update the refund has shrunk.  

dlillvik
Returning Member

I just found an error on the KICKER refund.  2021 tax question asked if I was filling jointly in 2020. The check box was a double negative. I answered "No". I had to find this. TURBO phone help was no help. The answer should have been "Yes". 

I have filed OR 5 times now. All where rejected with the Federal Liability failure. Canned response I think? The State program is very unfriendly I may not use TURBO next year.

PS. Last year my OR refund was greater than Turbo had calculated. The state recalculates the taxes. I did not find the error and the state did not notify me on what was different.  

I also had a recurring glitch on our cash donations. Turbo definitely is not Oregon return friendly. My return was finally accepted on 3rd submission but now we have to hold our breath to wait and see if it will be approved. In the meantime, my Fed return has been approved. Dear Turbo, please get it together for our Oregon returns next year. Thanks!

If this is indeed a TT SW bug where is their QA? 

Common Intuit, clean up your act!  

I was able to re-submit and Oregon accepted my return. It was my 3rd re-file on February 17th. 

Jeanno25
Returning Member

I received the same error message. I reviewed the return today and my federal tax liability subtraction was changed, but it is still incorrect. Turbo Tax does not appear to be adding in the nonrefundable child tax credit. As a result, my subtraction is less than it should be. I was unable to get support because I am using the free edition.

dlillvik
Returning Member

OK, my OR return just was accepted. The Federal Liability rejection appears to be a canned response. 

Turbo Tax did not recognize, I filed jointly last year and Turbo Tax did not transport that information from 2020 to 2021. The question is deceptive. If you filed jointly last year, edit your state return and when asked about last years filing status reply "yes" for Joint return. Oregon just accepted my return. It was only the 5th try. Shame on Turbo Tax. The program should have detected this problem. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies