Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to Fix Rejected State Return?: Oregon Federal Tax Liability Hold - Oregon Form 40, 40N and 40P Federal tax liability subtraction requires a software update.

Downloaded today and was rejected again.:(

How to Fix Rejected State Return?: Oregon Federal Tax Liability Hold - Oregon Form 40, 40N and 40P Federal tax liability subtraction requires a software update.

So I spoke to them a few minutes ago and they have no answers they don’t know when it will be updated they don’t know why it hasn’t been updated they don’t know anything supposedly, I questioned them pretty hard about it. They said I’m free to go file my state taxes somewhere else after I have filed my federal with them, but I’m not sure I can e-file them I think I would have to paper file them which might take just as long as waiting for the update, if the update comes :(

I'm also dealing with this garbage. Waiting on a call from Turbo Tax but after reading these comments I'm not confident they can help me. So frustrating. If the person I talk to is helpful I'll  update you all. 

good luck with your conversation. I will wait for the next update.

ahigh2
Returning Member

I spoke with two reps a bit ago who indicated that the update was for "Form 10" on the OR State Return and would "maybe" be updated by 2/24 (not 2/17, as the prompt indicates). Representative also indicated that I should call and verify on 2/24 before attempting to file again. What a joke.

wow, what a bunch of idiots. Thanks for updating us.

Well that's more info than what I got. The gal I just talked to said to log out, clear cookies and caches, log back in and try re-filing. She said it doesn't hurt to try filing and getting rejected multiple times... but I don't know if I should believe them!

Sad customer service when nobody knows what's going on. 

siskiyous
Returning Member

Did the update, filed again this morning, and it was rejected again despite a significant increase in my tax liability. Intuit, you've got some explaining to do.

siskiyous
Returning Member

clueless

It allowed you to do the update on the software? How much did it reduce your refund by? It shouldn’t of rejected it if you had done the software update, I have not been able to find the software update so far, last year when it rejected it I was able to re-file immediately and the software update was applied I’m not sure what’s going on this year, but I know it’s so Oregon can take a big chunk of your money back for the stimulus checks 

I just re-filed again as well and now it’s showing about $250 less than it did before so I guess that means it applied the update? 

I didn't see a software update that I actually had to do, but when I logged back in this morning, my state refund was $150 less than the first two times I tried filing, so I assumed that the update was done automatically. Then I refiled and came back  "rejected" a couple hours later. 

I see that now.. mine was $245 less, I guess we shall see if it rejects it later.. it just doesn’t make sense and the frustrating part is turbo tax knows nothing 

I have been on the phone with the help team...regardless if you received the 3rd stimulus or not it is causing an endless loop that is not corrected. 

The help team's advice was to continue to checking back

Well it must be a certain income bracket they’re doing it to then because my sons were accepted two weeks ago  and he didn’t have any issues, and mine were just accepted!!! Finally!!

it specifically says that those that receive a stimulus payment that was not counted as income on your federal taxes, because Oregon normally gives you a credit for a certain part of the taxes you paid to the federal government that is how they are using it to tax your stimulus by taking part of that credit away

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies