Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vd070961-

How to change phone number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kadian

To change your phone number, log into your account, once  in your return click on "My Account" at the top of the screen > click on "Account Settings" > "Security", you will be able to "edit" your phone number from here. 

View solution in original post

84 Replies
Kadian

To change your phone number, log into your account, once  in your return click on "My Account" at the top of the screen > click on "Account Settings" > "Security", you will be able to "edit" your phone number from here. 

fandw9031

There is huge a bug of turbo tax, hundreds of complains asked on line. No one get a answer. The fact is that you cannot change your phone # on tax files. They always keep your first-time used phone #. You have no way to change or update it.

I have an error in my phone number by one digit. It is impossible to change it, as I do not remember the password in the "Two Step Verification."
Kadian

see the additional answer I just provided below.

No listing of "My Account" etc. in icon for profile and contact settings. This answer to this question is unethical. Need to change my number as my house phone does not receive text. Please fix this issue.

log in > click your return > "Tools" > "Update Account" > "Security"... but if you forgot the password to your account, then it's no use.  Call 1-800-4INTUIT. They will send verification code to your email instead of your phone.
jts1

To change the phone number on your return. go to forms ==> Personal Worksheet.  You can update the number printed on the returns there
Kadian

If you have forgotten your login information and no longer have access to the email address or phone number you used, please follow these steps:

1.      Click here

2.      Click on “I forgot my User ID or password” at the bottom

3.      On the next screen, do not enter anything in the box, click on “Try something else” at the bottom

4.      Fill in the required information on the following screens

By following the above steps TurboTax will take you through security questions If you are able to answer these questions, you will be granted access to your old TurboTax account without needing access to your old email address…

Once in the account, click on “My Account” then “Account Settings”, from here you will be able to update your address.

If you still aren’t able to get into your account after following the steps above, please click here to fill out E-mail Change Request for your TurboTax Account.

My phone number has changed, so I cannot receive a verification code to sign in.  The recover account form requires an old and new email.  They cannot be the same. Cannot leave that line blank.  I want to change my phone number, not my email address.  I go round and round and getting very frustrated.  HELP!

[phone number removed]

HelenC1
Expert Alumni

To change your phone number or update your TurboTax account information, see the TurboTax FAQ: How do I update my TurboTax account information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love to change my number 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you can successfully sign into your TurboTax account and only want to update your phone number, follow the instructions listed in the TurboTax FAQ, How do I update my TurboTax account information?

If you are unable to sign into your account because you no longer have access to the phone number linked to your TurboTax account, update your information using the form on the following page:  Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
deredita61
Returning Member

I would like to change my phone number to [phone number removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies