turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I set my pin

I received my card and says to go to website to set up pin I can’t figure out how
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I set my pin

Please clarify your question. What type of PIN do you need to set-up?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rawster69

How do I set my pin

turbo debit card pin

rawster69

How do I set my pin

help please

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

How do I set my pin

The IRS has eliminated the use of a PIN to e-file your 2019 tax return.  To verify your identity for e-filing will use last year's adjusted gross income (AGI) as your PIN. 

Your 2018 tax return, from TurboTax it will have your AGI.  Follow these steps to get a copy of your prior-year tax return.  Sign in to TurboTax making sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years.  

1. Select Documents from the navigation when it appears.  

2. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to choose the tax year you want and then select Download PDF.    

This link  How do I access a prior year return? has additional information that you may find useful.

shoeguy

How do I set my pin

the e file pin? I keep getting rejected because of the Pin or AGI and I have confirmed the AGI is correct.. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

How do I set my pin

There are a few possible other reasons why your return is rejected for an incorrect AGI.  If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0. 
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less. 
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

If you still are unable to e-file then you should consider filing by mail.  Returns that are rejected for AGI issues when e-filed generally will be accepted when mailed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies