Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove former spouse's info from TT state forms. Divorced 3 yrs but TT keeps putting her info in no matter how many times I review and remove. How do I clear it?

Former spouse's name and SSN keep appearing on Oregon Information Worksheet. Have tried at least 20x to remove but upon final review, info has reappeared. This has caused me to have to file my state return through via hard copy in the mail for the past two years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I remove former spouse's info from TT state forms. Divorced 3 yrs but TT keeps putting her info in no matter how many times I review and remove. How do I clear it?

If your former spouse's information is on your state forms, it is being carried over from an incorrect filing status on your federal information.  

For your tax returns to be accurate, TurboTax mush have your correct filing status.  

Go to Federal

My Info
Change your status to Single, Divorced, or Widowed

That will remove  your spouse's information from your federal and state forms..

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Follow the directions below to return to the Personal Information section of your return to view and remove his name from your return.

Log in and click Tax Home. Click the My Info tab from the left side of the screen. On the next screen, scroll down to view and edit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unfortunately, that did not work. When I pulled up my info tab per your instructions, all the information was current (i.e. - Divorced, filing single, only my information listed). My ex-wife's information ONLY shows up on one page of the Oregon State Taxes portion. It is an artifact from when we married that I cannot get rid of. I review my return, it gets flagged, I go back and delete her info from the form, i click review again, and poof!, all her info is there again. And because I cannot get that glitch to go away I ahve had to file 

* have had to file my state taxes through the mail for the past two years.

If your former spouse's information is on your state forms, it is being carried over from an incorrect filing status on your federal information.  

For your tax returns to be accurate, TurboTax mush have your correct filing status.  

Go to Federal

My Info
Change your status to Single, Divorced, or Widowed

That will remove  your spouse's information from your federal and state forms..

@MaryM428  Thank You!

That did the trick. It had my filing status as "Single" and my marital status as "Divorced". I changed both to "Single" and the other info went away!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies