turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I merge two accounts? I unknowingly created a new account in 2018 and filed 2018 and 2019 in the new account.

I
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I merge two accounts? I unknowingly created a new account in 2018 and filed 2018 and 2019 in the new account.

Sorry--TurboTax accounts cannot be merged.  Pick one and stick with it going forward.  Keep a record for yourself of how to access the one you will not use so that you can get into it if you need to.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Always save a PDF of the return  AND  the .taxfile  for your records so you always have access to them ...

Save a Backup Copy of Your Tax File

To save a backup copy of your tax data file (.tax file) that can be opened and read by TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll need to choose your TurboTax product:

Similar-sounding—but very different—is saving a copy of your tax return as a PDF file, which is like a picture or "snapshot" of your tax return that you can view or print.

PDF files cannot be opened or read by TurboTax software, which means they cannot be used for amending or troubleshooting calculation issues.

Related Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies