turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i know if I received all the RMD, not all, or was not required to take an RMD?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

How do i know if I received all the RMD, not all, or was not required to take an RMD?

If you have reached age 72 your custodian will inform you of the actual amount of your RMD, down to the penny.

If you are determining the distribution, you should round that up to the next $10, or $100 if you like round numbers.

@geseg18450e 

you should be able to contact the custodian. 

who is the "custodian"?

Custodian = The administrator of the retirement plan.

..AND.

.....if the question about the RMD is referring to an actual company pension plan payout, that you automatically receive monthly, then all of it is the correct RMD.

If the question is referring to a retirement fund distribution, that you actually have control over how much you take out, like a traditional IRA, or a 401k....then the RMD amount has to be calculated based on the value of that fund on 31 Dec of the year just prior to the year you need to remove the RMD amount.  

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies