turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I input my bank account info? I have no refund so TT blocks this, but I want stimulus. I registered with TT, so can't clear&start over to do stimulus registration.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

How do I input my bank account info? I have no refund so TT blocks this, but I want stimulus. I registered with TT, so can't clear&start over to do stimulus registration.

It depends upon the link you use.

If you are trying to register for the stimulus payment, please use the link below.

Stimulus check calculator

You will be taken through the steps to enter your name, address, personal information, etc.  

When you are asked if you will be filing your taxes, you should enter no if you do not have a filing requirement.   (But make sure you do not have a filing requirement if you use the stimulus registration.  If you might have to file a return, you should not use the registration site.)

If you say yes here, you will be redirected to your tax return input section.

If you are just trying to prepare your tax return, please use the link below.  This will take you to the website to prepare your tax return.

TurboTax Online products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i wasn't trying to file taxes just trying to put information in for stimulus check like my bank information

What TT?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Go here to - Filers: Get Your Payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Alenorec

I didn't need to file taxes for 2019 or 2018 and did turbotax stimulus registration (stupidly) and was accepted by the irs after a few days. I did not receive my deposit and when I go on irs website to get my payment it says they cannot tell me my payment status at this time and if I use their non filers tool it says this return has already been filed. So what does this mean?  Where us my money going to go and when?

If you have no refund and no tax due, the new IRS portal won't process your registration.

Very annoying.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies