Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get the "tax tools" menu?

I have TT Premier that I installed from a CD on my laptop.

I'm being told that there should be a left hand vertical menu with a "tax tools" option. I don't have that left hand menu.  

I have a horizontal menu along the top on the left which says File   Edit    View   Forms    Tools   Online    Help

Can anybody tell me what's going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

The black bar down the left side is only for the Online version.  You have the Desktop program.  What are you looking for?  

This is what I was told to do:

1. Select "Tax Tools" in the left hand menu
2. Select "Tools"
3. Select "View Tax Summary"
4. Select "Preview My 1040" in the left hand menu

5. Select "NY Tax Summary"

NY Tax Summary will be used to calculate my NY tax on my NJ wage person ( I was a pat-time resident of NY and NJ). So I can't do this on the desktop version?

You can switch to Forms mode and see all the forms.  Click on Forms in the upper right (left for Mac).  You can do everything the Online version has and more.  

I'm in Forms mode, and I see a list on the left of all the forms in my return. I don't see any "Forms" to click on in the upper right (I'm in Windows).

Oh you are already in Forms.  The Forms in the upper right is how to get into Forms.  Look through the list on the left column. Just click on one to open it.  

OK, thanks. I wanted to get NY tax summary so I clicked on that. The way to get there seems a lot more direct in the desktop program than in the online program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies