turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get rid of a state file n the Turbo Premier file that I did not ask for?

Premier lists  Idaho as a state to use. Why
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

How do I get rid of a state file n the Turbo Premier file that I did not ask for?

You can delete your state return in TurboTax Online as long as you haven't paid or registered yet.

1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left menu, select State (if you don't see this menu, select the menu icon in the upper-left) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the Status of your state returns screen select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do not want to delete a state return.

The turbo tax file  when I downloaded lists two (2) states  (Okla and Idaho)

Why was this state IDAHO included.

This is the last year that I use TURBO TAX

Answered here???  (IF.....if you mis-stated the software you are using, and you are actually using the Desktop software)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/turbo-tax-premier-two-state-listed/01/12648...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies