turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

akolouas
Returning Member

How do I enter a foreign address in order e-file?

I have already entered my foreign address under the info section but in order to e-file, only US address are allowed. How do I enter a foreign address?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

A tax return with a foreign address can be e-filed using TurboTax.

What is the error message you are receiving?  Are you trying to pay the TurboTax account fees with a credit card?  Did you chose the Max benefits option?

akolouas
Returning Member

I am here: "Finish & File" --> "Continue" --> "Review your Order (Start)" 

I'm in the form which is titled "To file, please enter your registration information" and at the bottom it states: "Note: You must have a U.S. address in order to register".

It will not accept a foreign address. How do I continue in order to file?

@akolouas wrote:

I am here: "Finish & File" --> "Continue" --> "Review your Order (Start)" 

I'm in the form which is titled "To file, please enter your registration information" and at the bottom it states: "Note: You must have a U.S. address in order to register".

It will not accept a foreign address. How do I continue in order to file?

Do you have a US credit card with a US billing address?  If so, then change your Mailing Address in the My Info section to your billing address.  Then complete the registration.  Once completed return to My Info and change your address back to your foreign address.

If you do not have a US credit card with a US billing address and you are only using the TurboTax Free online edition, then change the mailing address to a family member or friend's address.  Then complete the registration.  Once completed return to My Info and change your address back to your foreign address.

NOTE - If you are using one of the TurboTax online edition which is Not Free or you are purchasing optional services those fees have to be paid with a US credit card with a US billing address.

Additionally, if your tax return is being filed for a tax refund you must have a US bank located in the US for direct deposit of the refund.  If not, the tax refund can only be mailed to you by the IRS as a check to the address on the tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies