Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Marv1937

How do I download premier. I already own it . Followed directions but I cannot find where to enter license code?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I download premier. I already own it . Followed directions but I cannot find where to enter license code?

If you bought the CD, and already have the license code, then you follow the directions here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

When you follow the link in #1...and either create an account, or sign into an existing account, then one of the things it will ask for during the steps that follow, is your 14 digit license code as you proceed. Then , when you get in, you can download it from within the place you log into

OR...if you meant something else, you'll need to explain a bit further where you are in the process. 

If you logged into the "Online" software, you don't download your desktop software from an "Online" tax account.....and it doesn't use a license code since it is all prepared and paid for from within your internet browser.  The Download software is prepared on you home computer, after you download and install it there.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
woweddy56

when I log in it just has a place to buy turbo tax that I own allready

@woweddy56 

Did you use the special link I posted above?    That one is used for folks who already bought the CD, perhaps from a local store..

For those who just bought a download already, but bought it directly from TTX, then there is a separate login page for those folks:

https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/?route=myaccounts

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies