Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shiloh1120
Returning Member

How do I add form 8915E?

Form 8915E was released. How do I add it when filing my taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

How do I add form 8915E?

The TurboTax 8915-E should be available on Feb. 24 (pending IRS approval by then).

The IRS just finalized the form on Feb 11. TurboTax must now submit their 8915-E software to the IRS for testing to be sure that both TurboTax and the IRS e-file computer are comparable. That process usually takes the IRS 2-3 weeks for approval to release the new form to the public.

See below for a link to sign up for an email when the form is ready.

This form is necessary to report COVID related distributions from IRA's and other retirement plans to report the distribution, pay it back over 3 years or spread the tax over 3 years.

A COVID-19 related distribution is reported on a new 8915-E form.

See this TurboTax FAQ to sign up for an e-mail when the form is ready.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-getting-getting-a-10-penalty-on-my-1099-r...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

How do I add form 8915E?

The draft was available in January!!! They should of worked out the bugs then!!! That is the purpose of the draft form.  NOTHING CHANGED FROM THE DRAFT TO THE FINAL VERSION.

How do I add form 8915E?

@Btasion wrote:

The draft was available in January!!! They should of worked out the bugs then!!! That is the purpose of the draft form.  NOTHING CHANGED FROM THE DRAFT TO THE FINAL VERSION.

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/25/2021

How do I add form 8915E?

I know that.  They previously said 02/24/2021.  On the 25th when its not available, they are going to say it will be available sometime in March.  How can you defend TT?  Especially after they screwed all of us with the second stimulus check.  If they cared about their customers, they would of been on this issue and had the form available the next day after the FINAL version came out.  People have been talking about this on the TT forums since the beginning of the year!

How do I add form 8915E?

@Btasion wrote:

I know that.  They previously said 02/24/2021.  On the 25th when its not available, they are going to say it will be available sometime in March.  How can you defend TT?  Especially after they screwed all of us with the second stimulus check.  If they cared about their customers, they would of been on this issue and had the form available the next day after the FINAL version came out.  People have been talking about this on the TT forums since the beginning of the year!

Nobody is defending TurboTax - we are NOT TurboTax employees - just other users like you.     All we can do is pass on the latest information  that we have.    

The final  form was not available prior to Feb 11. 

TurboTax is regulated by the IRS and cannot release anything to the public until the IRS first approves  and test to be sure that what TurboTax issues will be comparable with the IRS software  - there is little point in having a form that the IRS cannot read.     ERO's like TurboTax do not submit the paper look-alike form to the IRS (that is just for you to see) they transmit it in electronic format and both ends must be comparable.  

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

How do I add form 8915E?

Is it the 24th or 25th??

How do I add form 8915E?

@mona.atumata wrote:

Is it the 24th or 25th??

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/25/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability in TurboTax - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

How do I add form 8915E?

And when they say 25th, that can be anytime before midnight.  Updates are usually at night.

How do I add form 8915E?

And that does not mean at the start of the 25th - anytime on the 25th up to midnight - updates are usually late afternoon or night Arizona time.

How do I add form 8915E?

TurboTax keeps changing the due date. It's a moving target. Very frustrating. 

How do I add form 8915E?

2/25 - today. the 8915-E is currently available in the online versions and the desktop update will probably be released this afternoon .

How do I add form 8915E?

I guess that I check back tomorrow 2/26 because its not midnight Arizona time here on the east coast at 8:00 pm and no update to TT premier download or available 8915E in forms.   I will most likely be doing a double check of everything over the weekend anyway so patience is the path i must take.   

How do I add form 8915E?

The 8915-E form is currently  available in online versions and should be available tomorrow for the desktop versions.

How do I add form 8915E?

3/5/21 my profile is still not reflecting the choices for Covid 19. I have everything inputted weeks ago. That’s the only thing I need in order to file. Do I start over? Not sure why the program doesn’t ask when it’s talking about early withdrawals. I need help! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies