Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I purchase and download Turbotax 2021 without going thru "Try for free"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I purchase and download Turbotax 2021 without going thru "Try for free"?

@wjair  wrote:

How come the listed purchase price is higher than the listed purchase price in https://myturbotax.intuit.com?

Also, I live in NV, no state tax, can I purchase Turbotax 2021 with no state? would the purchase price become cheaper?

When comparing prices, be sure you aren't comparing Online TurboTax to desktop software (CD/download).  They have completely different pricing structures and features. 

If you want desktop software, you have some cheaper alternatives, and depending on the edition you want, you may be able to get it without a state program as you inquired.

You can purchase the Basic Edition (it never has state included), or you can buy Deluxe Edition with no state (but not directly from TurboTax).  NOTE:  Deluxe actually comes both ways--with or without state included--so if you choose Deluxe, you have to be careful which Deluxe version you are buying.   The Premium Edition and Home and Business only come with state included.

Even though Deluxe is available with or without state, the TurboTax website only sells Deluxe with state included.   If you want Deluxe without a state program, there are several ways to get it.   You can probably buy a Deluxe CD without state locally at several authorized stores such as Walmart, Target, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, etc.  The best deals are often at discount warehouses like Sam's or Costco.    If you want to buy a download, you can try Amazon and other online authorized retailers, but be sure they are authorized reputable dealers, i.e., the big ones like Amazon, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, Costco, etc.    And if you order Deluxe online, be sure you are ordering the version without state.    Some authorized online sites also sell the CD.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Use the link below to "Buy Now" your 2021 TurboTax Desktop (CD/Download) program.

TurboTax® 2021-2022 CD/Download Tax Software, Compare Desktop Tax Preparation (intuit.com)

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you.

How come the listed purchase price is higher than the listed purchase price in https://myturbotax.intuit.com?

Also, I live in NV, no state tax, can I purchase Turbotax 2021 with no state? would the purchase price become cheaper?

@wjair  wrote:

When comparing prices, be sure you aren't comparing Online TurboTax to desktop software (CD/download).  They have completely different pricing structures and features. 

If you want desktop software, you have some cheaper alternatives, and depending on the edition you want, you may be able to get it without a state program as you inquired.

You can purchase the Basic Edition (it never has state included), or you can buy Deluxe Edition with no state (but not directly from TurboTax).  NOTE:  Deluxe actually comes both ways--with or without state included--so if you choose Deluxe, you have to be careful which Deluxe version you are buying.   The Premium Edition and Home and Business only come with state included.

Even though Deluxe is available with or without state, the TurboTax website only sells Deluxe with state included.   If you want Deluxe without a state program, there are several ways to get it.   You can probably buy a Deluxe CD without state locally at several authorized stores such as Walmart, Target, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, etc.  The best deals are often at discount warehouses like Sam's or Costco.    If you want to buy a download, you can try Amazon and other online authorized retailers, but be sure they are authorized reputable dealers, i.e., the big ones like Amazon, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, Costco, etc.    And if you order Deluxe online, be sure you are ordering the version without state.    Some authorized online sites also sell the CD.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Thank you, @mesquitebean !

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you!

@wjair wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome!  Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies