turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cdmccool

How can i get ride of unnecessary se-t form?

se-t form is being generated with farm income - i have no farm income - cannot move forward with filing
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Do you have self-employment income?  If so, then you may be looking at the Part II of the form instead of the applicable to you Part I which calculates all self-employment income on the return.

Schedule SE has two parts:

Part I calculates self-employment tax on all self-employment income on the return.

Part II is used to calculate "optional methods to figure net earnings for farm and non-farm self-employment income.  There may be numbers appearing in this section that may not be applicable to your situation and if this is the case, they will not be used in the rest of the calculations.

Schedule SE calculates the Social Security and Medicare tax (self-employment tax) on profits from self-employment and certain other income.

If you made at least $400 in profits from self-employment or if Schedule SE is otherwise required (for example, church employee income), we'll automatically fill it out and attach it to your return. We figure out your self-employment tax from the income you report and the info you give us on expenses for your self-employment work.

The amount of your self-employment tax from (the amount on Schedule SE) is included into the running amount of your total tax refund (or tax owed), displayed in TurboTax as you work on your return.

You can also visit the Schedule SE section in TurboTax by:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn’t already open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for sch SE and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. On the Self-Employment Tax screen, select Make Adjustments.

If you need to adjust Schedule SE, enter your income and expenses beforehand.

Related Information:

For additional information please refer to the following link:

Where to find Schedule SE in the return

For additional information on what each section means on your return, please refer to the following information:

Instructions for Schedule SE

cdmccool

I do NOT have self employment income. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of SE-T form and what I may have done incorrectly to cause it to tabulate.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Look at your forms and delete either the Schedule C or F if you see one. Simply deleting the Schedule SE won't help unless you find what is generating it.

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies