Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sneal5734

Home and Business: Where do we enter the info for Line 30 This is the information about the COVID stimulus payment. Was told there would be an update coming.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Home and Business: Where do we enter the info for Line 30 This is the information about the COVID stimulus payment. Was told there would be an update coming.

Are you able to access your stimulus check choices by following these steps? 

• Across the top of the screen, click on Personal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the screen, click on Done with Other.
  • The next screen It looks like you qualified for the stimulus.  Click Yes.
  • At the screen Let’s double-check the amount you received, click Yes or No and click Continue.
  • Proceed on to Federal Review and Smart Check

If you have not received your second stimulus check, you will receive your payment in the form of a Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of your 2020 Federal tax return when you file.

TurboTax will compare your one or two stimulus payment amounts to the computations within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that you have entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sneal5734

the following screen is not coming up:  

• The next screen It looks like you qualified for the stimulus.  Click Yes.
  • At the screen Let’s double-check the amount you received, click Yes or No and click Continue.
  • Proceed on to Federal Review and Smart Check.
  •  

I reloaded the software and still not coming up.  I received both payments from the IRS.  Seems like I need to talk to tech support. I am using 2020 Home and Business because I work and do consulting..W2 and 1099 payments.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

With TurboTax Home & Business CD\Desktop, you can use the Forms mode to access the Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet if you are having trouble getting there with Step-by-Step.

• Click Forms in the upper right corner
  • Click Recov Rebate Credit in the left column
  • Complete the information
  • Enter in lines 16 and 19 the amounts you received for your Economic Impact Payments (EIP) 1 and 2.
  • Line 21 will show the amount of payment—if any—to be added to Form 1040 line 30
  • When you are done, click Step-by-Step in the upper right to get back to the interview mode

for many users - Recovery Rebate Credit IS not appearing in Home and Business Turbo Tax for 1040 individual form.   Calling Help Center only yields a poorly programmed dialectic that is designed to NEVER get you to a human being!

@11991 wrote:

for many users - Recovery Rebate Credit IS not appearing in Home and Business Turbo Tax for 1040 individual form.   Calling Help Center only yields a poorly programmed dialectic that is designed to NEVER get you to a human being!

Did you update your software?  Using TurboTax for Windows click on Online and Check for Updates.

The current version is 020.000.1688.  Click on Help>About TurboTax>Version

The Rebate Recovery Credit was available weeks ago in the TurboTax program.

Have you completed the Federal tax return and completed Federal Review?  The stimulus payment questions are in Federal Review right after completing Other Tax Situations.

Is your 2020 AGI greater than $150,000?  If so, the credit phases out and if you are not eligible for the credit the questions in Federal Review will not be presented.

Click on Forms.  In Forms mode click on Open Form.  Type in Recovery Rebate.  The Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet will show as result.  Click on the result to open the worksheet.

Oh Godd...updated 3 times since last Tuesday!  - No luck!

* Did you NOT read my comment - I am using HOME & BUSINESS 2020

AGI is:  $400 !

@11991 wrote:

* Did you NOT read my comment - I am using HOME & BUSINESS 2020

AGI is:  $400 !

Of course I read what you posted.  I gave you the information for 2020.   All the 2020 TurboTax desktop editions received a software update on the same day, to include Basic, Deluxe, Premier and Home & Business editions.

Did you go to Forms mode to see if the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet is included?

Are you using Windows or Mac?  If Windows did you check your Version.

In Forms mode, the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet is not included.  

I even went directly to the 1040 form, and went to line 30 and manually entered $1800, saved it. 

But the Turbo Tax "Counter" at the top will not recognize the $1800 and add it ti the Refund amount at the top. 

Using Windows 10  (fully updated)

using Turbo Tax Home & Business 2020  (fully updated)

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

These payments were an advance and are being reconciled on the 2020 tax return.  To complete your Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet correctly follow the steps below. Then give the IRS time to do their reconciliation.

In TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview - make any necessary adjustments to reflect the actual payments received
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.

Get My Payment - Select the button Get My Payment to see if your information is current based on the payments you did receive.

@11991 wrote:

In Forms mode, the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet is not included.  

I even went directly to the 1040 form, and went to line 30 and manually entered $1800, saved it. 

But the Turbo Tax "Counter" at the top will not recognize the $1800 and add it ti the Refund amount at the top. 

Using Windows 10  (fully updated)

using Turbo Tax Home & Business 2020  (fully updated)

If the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet was not available when you used Open Form then your software has not been properly updated.

Since you have checked for updates multiple times, you should un-install the TurboTax program and then re-install.  This will not remove your tax data file for the tax return as it located in the TurboTax folder in Documents.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies