Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

twiggm
Returning Member

"Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" Error

I’m having the same issue at the state E-file screen. When it goes to I assume let me add a credit card or use the one on file with intuit. I’ve been on the phone 5 times over 3 hours. Nobody can resolve. I’ve done everything mentioned in this thread short of uninstalling it and reinstalling.  Can anyone figure this out?  They even had me purchase a efile state separately over the phone and now nobody can figure out how to allow me to use this with the desktop version. HELP!!!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The only other suggestion I have is to change the address on the payment screen to 123 Main St, but leave the city, state and zip as it is. I have seen this work for others.  Let me know if this works.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was getting this same error, customer service didn't help. I was told to "reset my cashews and cookies" and wait a few hours or until tomorrow due to demand, or create a new account and start over. 

It finally worked! At the bottom of the page, there is a "Manage Cookies" link. I clicked that and accepted and my payment went through. I did end up waiting a few hours since my last attempt, but maybe that did the trick? 

Joetool

I had the same issue, the problem was with my Windows. I had to have it reinstalled.

NL11
Level 1

Check and  go over your return to make sure your documents are complete and questions answered. The check your pop up blocker and make sure it is set to allow.

santhaprabu
Returning Member

I just cant believe that this worked..

I spent multiple hours with online support with no results and this worked - one day before the TAX DAY!!!!

santhaprabu
Returning Member

the below workaround worked for me. Pleas try and don't waste a lot of hours like me with the Turbotax support...

The only other suggestion I have is to change the address on the payment screen to 123 Main St, but leave the city, state and zip as it is. I have seen this work for others.  Let me know if this works.

Tim136

I experienced this same issue and found no resolution.  I found that the issue was with online payment, required to efile state tax so, I efiled my Federal Taxes, as it's free w/ TT.  I then just printed out and snail mailed my state taxes.  Problem not solved but, averted.  I did try to send both electronically, using the "deduct from my refund" option but, then TT forced me to pay for "Audit protection".  I'd select "No Audit Protection" but, it would still tack it on to my final costs.  So, I simply did the aforementioned "solution".  So, ultimately these bugs are costing TT a lot of revenue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies