turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hey when will the Issue with 1099-NEC's not having the correct name be fixed. I'm using the turbo tax program not the online version. I'm on the email and heard nothing.

I'm having an issue where I can't add my spouses name to the 1099-NEC form even if I select the bubble next to her name it reverts back to my name as soon as I click the next button. It is rather frustrating that something as simple as a bubble with a name attached to it is preventing me from filing my taxes. I added my name to an email list that is supposed to notify us on the progress of a fix for this bug and there was no confirmation email saying that my name is on the list. Is there any update on this bug? Any help is appreciated. Maybe this isn't an issue with the online version of Turbo tax but I paid for the downloadable program just for clarification.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Hey when will the Issue with 1099-NEC's not having the correct name be fixed. I'm using the turbo tax program not the online version. I'm on the email and heard nothing.

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue linking a 1099-NEC to the correct person. The name on the NEC is reverting to the main taxpayer's name.

If you're experiencing the issue above, please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am already on the list to receive an email about this as stated in my post. I am wondering if there is an update on a fix for this issue. Thanks! 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

As of today 2/8/2021, there is no update yet.  

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  Please click on the following link and sign up for an email notification when it's fixed.  

1099 NEC link to spouse

Why am I not able to link my 1099-NEC

Thank You for your patience

Beginning with the 2020 tax year, the IRS will require business taxpayers to report nonemployee compensation on the new Form 1099-NEC instead of on Form 1099-MISC. Businesses will need to use this form if they made payments totaling $600 or more to a nonemployee, such as an independent contractor.  This was done to help clarify the separate filing deadlines on Form 1099-MISC and the new 1099-NEC form will be used starting with the 2020 tax year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies