turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, my state tax return is rejected with code F540/NR/2EZ-320 - Duplicate SSN. I would like to refile the state tax by selecting the Amended return. How to do it?

I have filed both federal and state tax. I have filed my federal tax for the first time and it was approved. I filed my state tax for the second time and it was rejected with the given code. I would like to refile by checking the Amended return box
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Hello, my state tax return is rejected with code F540/NR/2EZ-320 - Duplicate SSN. I would like to refile the state tax by selecting the Amended return. How to do it?

You do NOT amend a rejected tax return.  You either fix the return to so that it can be e-filed or you print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Yes. I want to fix the return. I have logged in to my account and the option popped “fix my return”. I have clicked it and it redirected to final page “file my taxes”. I’m not sure if the issue is fixed or not.

@priyathamganta wrote:

Yes. I want to fix the return. I have logged in to my account and the option popped “fix my return”. I have clicked it and it redirected to final page “file my taxes”. I’m not sure if the issue is fixed or not.

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

@DoninGA @I fixed it and filed it and it was rejected again with the same error code. I think “fix my return” didn’t work.

@priyathamganta wrote:

@DoninGA @I fixed it and filed it and it was rejected again with the same error code. I think “fix my return” didn’t work.

Problem: The State of California - rejected your California Income Tax Return the SSN of the primary or spouse has been used on an accepted CA tax return.

Someone else has filed a tax return with either your SS number or your Spouse's SS number.  You will have to print and mail your tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

But can’t I enable amended return and e-file it? 
I was the one who filed it and I want to file again.

Is it possible using turbotax ? 

@priyathamganta wrote:

But can’t I enable amended return and e-file it? 
I was the one who filed it and I want to file again.

Is it possible using turbotax ? 

Amended tax returns cannot be e-filed.  Amending a tax return is only required after the original tax return has been filed and accepted by the state.

What did you fix on the tax return?  If you continue to receive the error code from California F540/NR/2EZ-320 then you will have to print and mail the original tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies