Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rdrula

Hello, I keep getting my 2022 tax return file rejected with code F8962-070. I never purchased Marketplace h insurance since 2019 but i keep getting rejected with this?

This does not work! Because it says identifier can’t match with member number 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Hello, I keep getting my 2022 tax return file rejected with code F8962-070. I never purchased Marketplace h insurance since 2019 but i keep getting rejected with this?

The identifier should be the postal abbreviation for your state. In other words, if you live in New York, enter NY for the identifier. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello,

I am having similar problem in 2023 return .  I have not filed yet.  Turbotax menu want to know if my lapse in coverage in 2023 was due to a disability.    I had no lapse in 2023 or since 2005.   Also no application to marketplace  by  myself and wife.   I received a 1095-C  for 2023; like i have for prior years.    Also  not 1095-A was received in mail. What input or entry triggers TurboTax to conclude i had a lapse in coverage.   I can't find a way to manually correct this in turbo tax. 

Since you responded with your work around in 2022; i am surprised Turbo Tax has not bothered to fix the issue. 

I am interested finding out what input caused my problem.

I am impressed with your work around.    I hope not need to use it. 

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

It may be due to how you answered the question on the previous page that said, "What type of High Deductible Health Plan did [spouse] have on December 1, 2023”?  

The choices you are given are Family, Self-only, or None. 

If you have been covered under your spouse's family plan, you may think that you should answer "Family" to the question.  However, the answer should be "None"

It is referring to what type of plan that you held in your name on December 1, 2023.  If you had your own separate HDHP on that date, then choose the type of plan that you had.  If instead you were covered under the plan in your spouse's name, then you should choose None.

To go back to the section of your return to answer the questions again.

Use these steps:

1. Click Search  on the top row of the TurboTax online screen. For CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner.
  2. A box will open where you can type in “HSA” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  3. The search results will give you an option to “Jump to HSA”
  4. Finally, click on the blue “Jump to HSA” link and edit your information

This should clear that question.  

However, if you have additional information to provide or questions please reach out to TurboTax Community anytime.

Click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
trinbland

It worked!! THANK YOU!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies