Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Hello, I keep getting my 2022 tax return file rejected with code F8962-070. I never purchased Marketplace h insurance since 2019 but i keep getting rejected with this?

Can you please confirm that you've logged into a Marketplace account or called the Marketplace to confirm that none of the SSN listed on your tax return had marketplace insurance at ANY time during the year and there is NO 1095-A that was or will be issued?

There are a couple of reasons why this can happen.  Please try these workarounds.  The first will clear the form.  From time to time it will come back.  Then use the second alternative.

1. On the menu bar on the left that shows.
    1. My Info
    2. Federal
    3. State
    4. Review
    5. File
  2. Select Tax Tools
  3. On the drop-down select Tools
  4. In the Pop-Up menu select Delete a Form
  5. This will give you all of the forms in your return
  6. Scroll down to the form you want to delete
  7. Select the Form
  8. Click on Delete.

Always use extreme caution when deleting your tax return.  

There could be unintended consequences.

The IRS is rejecting returns the return because they believe you or someone on your return had insurance through the marketplace. If you did have insurance through the marketplace in 2020, you may still just be on their list.

The workaround is to enter $1 for the 1095-A.  This will not affect anything on your return but having the form there may get the IRS to accept your return.  

To do this take the following steps: 

1.  Click Deductions and Credits
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  3.  Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  4. As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  
  5.  If you did NOT, click YES anyway.
  6.  Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  7. Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  8.  Walkthrough to the end and submit your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, I keep getting my 2022 tax return file rejected with code F8962-070. I never purchased Marketplace h insurance since 2019 but i keep getting rejected with this?

At the beginning of 2021, we thought my son would once qualify as a dependent. But, as we discovered when preparing our tax return for 2021, he ended up not qualifying as a dependent (he got a full-time job later in the year and made too much to qualify). As a result, he is listed on our 1095-A for four months in 2020 (July, August, September, October). He did not receive a 1095-A.

RaifH
Expert Alumni

I assume you meant your son was on your 1095-A policy for four months in 2021. Since you included your son on your marketplace health insurance policy for 4 months, he has to include the same form on his tax return with the amount for those four months. 

However, you cannot both claim the tax credit for health insurance. The coverage has to be allocated between you and your son. If you have already filed and claimed the entire health credit, he has to claim 0%. Even though he's claiming 0%, the IRS still requires the form to be attached to his return.

To do this in TurboTax:

1. In Federal > Deductions & Credits scroll down to Medical and click Start/Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  2. Enter the information as it appears on your Form 1095-A only for the months he was on the policy
  3. Let us know if these situations apply to you click I shared the policy with another taxpayer who's not on my taxes.
  4. Enter the allocation information that you have determined. Enter your social security number as the taxpayer who he's sharing the policy with. When allocating, the three percentages must be equal, if you are sharing 75% of the premium percentage, you must also share 75% of the SLCSP percentage and the advanced payment of PTC percentage. 

If you received advanced premium tax credit, you can allocate the policy and the advanced premiums paid between yourself and your son how you wish. However, between the two of you, all 100% has to be claimed. If you claimed 75%, he must claim the other 25%. Do not do the allocation yourself from the numbers on the form. Enter Form 1095-A with the exact numbers it reports. 

@tom_no-1095-a

Never would have figured that out on my own. Thank you. It appears to have worked – just submitted my son's returns.

jbw92hot

God. Bless. You. Vanessa!!  This worked like a charm!!  Thank you!

GCK
Level 2

Return was rejected for not having a 1095A.  I no longer qualify as a dependent on my parents return and I am on their 1095 A.  When I filled out my return I indicated I did not have a 1095 A and do not have insurance, my return was rejected saying I needed one and a form 8962.

RaifH
Expert Alumni

If you were included on your parents' health insurance, then you will need to add a copy of their Form 1095-A to your return. If they paid for the entire policy and already claimed the entire amount of premium tax credit on their return, that is fine. You will still enter Form 1095-A exactly as it appears. After entering it, TurboTax asks Let us know if these situations apply to you click I shared the policy with another taxpayer who's not on my taxes.

Enter one of your parent's social security numbers in the field provided and select all months. For the allocation percentages, allocate 0% of the policy, 0% of the SLCSP, and 0% of the premium tax credit to yourself. This will attach the form to your return as the IRS requires, but since everything has already been accounted for on your parents' return, it will not have an impact on your tax refund one way or the other. 

@GCK

GCK
Level 2

I will give this a try and hope that it works.  Thanks for your input.

emosh3

Nothing has worked. What to do now....it's now a week late.

Charisma46
Returning Member

Hi exactly how many zero’s should I put also in box 2 marketplace assigned policy number what should I put ? 

Charisma46
Returning Member

How many zeros did you put

Charisma46
Returning Member

It’s asking for monthly advance payments 

This works, I have been getting the run around for weeks. This simple fix was all I need.

Rdrula

I put 0 on identifier but when I put 0 for policy number it rejected it because it can’t be duplicated 

Rdrula

This does not work! Because it says identifier can’t match with me never number 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies