Solved: Re: Hello, Does filing through TurboTax provide th... - Page 2

Hello, Does filing through TurboTax provide the IRS with my direct deposit and updated mailing address info? Asking due to incoming stimulus payments.

@kinman0628 If you paid your fees with your refund, you went through Santa Barbara bank. They are working with the IRS. Please keep an eye on both SBPTG and IRS Economic Impact Payments for the latest news. You will be able to enter your bank information if Santa Barbara does not provide it for you.

My bank info wasn't reported because there was no Fed refund. Is there anything TurboTax can do right now, similar to the stimulus registration?

It has been reported that the IRS will create a portal so that you can enter your bank deposit information before the checks get mailed. Keep an eye on the IRS website.

How do we know if Santa Barbara bank sends the irs our right deposit information?

how can i update my Direct deposit info

How do up date my banking information

There is no way to update your banking information for this round of stimulus payments. The IRS says: The IRS cannot change payment information, including bank account or mailing information. If an eligible taxpayer does not get a payment or it is less than expected, it may be claimed on the 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit. 

If you didn’t receive the stimulus payments or the correct amount of stimulus payments, you can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2020 taxes and it will provide the same amount of payment as the stimulus would have. TurboTax will guide you through this when you prepare your return.