Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Hello, Does filing through TurboTax provide the IRS with my direct deposit and updated mailing address info? Asking due to incoming stimulus payments.

@kinman0628 If you paid your fees with your refund, you went through Santa Barbara bank. They are working with the IRS. Please keep an eye on both SBPTG and IRS Economic Impact Payments for the latest news. You will be able to enter your bank information if Santa Barbara does not provide it for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, Does filing through TurboTax provide the IRS with my direct deposit and updated mailing address info? Asking due to incoming stimulus payments.

My bank info wasn't reported because there was no Fed refund. Is there anything TurboTax can do right now, similar to the stimulus registration?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

It has been reported that the IRS will create a portal so that you can enter your bank deposit information before the checks get mailed. Keep an eye on the IRS website.

How do we know if Santa Barbara bank sends the irs our right deposit information?

Eric1977
Returning Member

how can i update my Direct deposit info

How do up date my banking information

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

There is no way to update your banking information for this round of stimulus payments. The IRS says: The IRS cannot change payment information, including bank account or mailing information. If an eligible taxpayer does not get a payment or it is less than expected, it may be claimed on the 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit. 

If you didn’t receive the stimulus payments or the correct amount of stimulus payments, you can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2020 taxes and it will provide the same amount of payment as the stimulus would have. TurboTax will guide you through this when you prepare your return.

Emma123I
Returning Member

Missed  the last step so I do really send my filing to the irs

You can use the free TurboTax Stimulus Registration product to easily provide the IRS with the information they need to calculate and send your stimulus payment.

In January 2020, during the distribution of the second round of stimulus payments, an IRS error caused delays in the distribution of some stimulus payments. In an effort to do all that we could to help these customers get the funds they deserved as quickly as possible, we were able to create a secure portal used to update banking information.

Here is what you should expect when you provide information in the secure portal:

• If you filed your 2020 tax return and it has been processed by the IRS, your stimulus will be sent to the account you provided in that return.
  • If you provided updated banking information via the TurboTax Stimulus Portal for the second stimulus, that information was given to the IRS so they could deposit a third stimulus payment in that account.
  • If a bank account the IRS has on file is closed and your bank rejects the payment, the IRS will either:
  • Deposit your stimulus check into the bank account you entered into the TurboTax portal, or
  • Send your stimulus by check to the address they have on file for you within 14 days.

If this applies to you, you can get updated information on how you can expect to receive your stimulus payment. If the IRS reissues a payment, they will update the status no more than once a day at: IRS Get My Payment

@Emma123I

pnicoll

Until tax year 2020 I used a CD version of TTax deluxe. This year I used TTax deluxe online.  I always select electronic funds withdrawal (EFW) and provide my bank account info, as I did for 2020. The federal forms I printed out did NOT show that I had selected EFW. It only had the raw calculations and completed 1040 forms. It did show the EFW for state. I called the intuit / TTax support line and the respondent worked for about 15 minutes via chat trying to pull the worksheets that would show if I selected EFW. No success at getting the forms. After 2 weeks, I paid the IRS online via their portal. A week later, they executed the EFW!

Why doesn't TTax online show whether I selected EFW anymore?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies