turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone had an issue with their 2019 return rejected due to incorrect AGI even though it is CORRECT and has been verified with IRS?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Has anyone had an issue with their 2019 return rejected due to incorrect AGI even though it is CORRECT and has been verified with IRS?

Please see this TurboTax Help article for assistance:  What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

None of this applies.  I have already spoke to a Turbotax rep who offered no solution only "we cant help you or refund your money".  I spoke to IRS agent and secured a copy of my 2018 return transcript.  The AGI matches correctly.  IRS believes it is a glitch in the Turbo website transmission.  I PREPARED TAXES USING A DIFFERENT SOFTWARE AND IRS ACCEPTED WITHIN 12 HOURS USING THE SAME AGI.  There is something wrong with the Turbo website preparation.  

dozer2000

Yes, rejected three times.  I tried the various ideas listed and none worked.  Called Turbo Tax to get refund but they said I used e-file so don't get a refund.  If it is their site that is causing the problem they should fix it or refund our money!  

lorilg12

Seems like this was an issue last year too. I had major glitch with Turbo Tax and dependents a few years ago so I also tried on Tax Act and everything looked correct so I had to switch over. I wrote to Turbo Tax, but they didn't seem too concerned. I'm trying their free return this year, but having this issue with AGI. It is 100% correct, but still being rejected. I saw last year that some people put 0 in AGI on Turbo Tax and it went through. I have been rejected about 5 times so far on 2019 return, I'm trying one more time with a 0 for AGI instead of correct figure. Luckily this is a free filing, but I would be VERY unhappy if I had paid for the higher package and run in to an old glitch that customers were complaining about last year!!! I will update if it goes through this time. If not, I will use another software and will never go back to Turbo Tax after all this hassle!!! Same type of problem that QuickBooks has - ongoing glitches that people complain about and never get fixed!!

I was also rejected 5 times with Turbo until I went to another company and it was accepted 1st time.  Very frustrated that they won't admit there is something wrong with the online site.  I am going to my local TV station complaint line for assistance.  They already ran a story about Turbo and others charging when it should have been a free return.  The other company I used it was completely free for fed and state.

That's the same story I got.  If you havent already had success in transmitting your return, go to Credit Karma...completely free for Fed and State!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies