turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone get the full recovery rebate credit TT only gave it to me for one child instead of all 3 and I never received the first or second stimulus

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
aecrisci

Has anyone get the full recovery rebate credit TT only gave it to me for one child instead of all 3 and I never received the first or second stimulus

Stimulus checks are not taxable as far as I know.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you did not get a first or second stimulus payment for your children and is TurboTax is not populating the Recovery Rebate Credit for them, then it is important to note that children 17 and older do not qualify.  Please keep in mind that although they may be dependents on your tax return, they are not automatically qualified for a stimulus payment. 

In addition, per the IRS, to be a qualifying child of an individual for purposes of the payment, generally the individual must live with the child for more than half of the tax year, the child must not provide over half of his or her own support for the calendar year, and the child must not file a joint return for the tax year. The child also must be the individual’s child, stepchild, eligible foster child, sibling, grandchild, niece, or nephew.  In addition, to be claimed as a qualifying child, the child must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or other qualifying resident alien. The child must be under the age of 17 at the end of the year for the tax return on which the IRS bases the payment. Also, a qualifying child must have an SSN valid for employment or an adoption taxpayer identification number (ATIN). A child who has an ITIN is not a qualifying child for this payment.

For more information, please see Calculating the Economic Impact Payment.

@sewing0522

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Was any of the children born in 2020?  Did you add your baby under My Info? Be sure when it asks how long your child lived with you that you pick THE WHOLE YEAR (which is acceptable for newborns) and not just the number of months. Go back and double check that.

I only filed 2 kids last year I didn’t get last year refund until a month ago due to identity theft this year I filed all 3 of my kids it only gave me and amount for just one child and I’m not understanding that and my kids are 5,2,2 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies