turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wachen888

Got e-filling rejected email, but in TurboTax software the "Check E-file status" says "Accepted"

I just e-filed my federal 2020 tax via TurboTax.  Subsequently, I got an email saying that the e-file failed with this message:

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

But, when I went back to TurboTax and clicked on the "Check E-file Status", it says Accepted and that I am done.

So, how do I know for certain that my tax return was filed and accepted?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Got e-filling rejected email, but in TurboTax software the "Check E-file status" says "Accepted"

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this; contact details can be found here

cheriefla

I, too, received that message after filing last night and have tried 2 more times since and same email. I've checked the AGI in both last year's system and last year's return and it is correct. Is TT having issues with their system today? 

Once a return is filed successfully then any subsequent filings will be rejected so that is why is shows accepted in the program but you keep getting rejections for the duplicate filings. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies