Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4colson

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

Has this been corrected yet?  I am still getting the same error to check for updates, but there are no additional updates to load.

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

Been getting this error for two days now. I'm in CA and trying to e-file my federal and state returns. Re-financed last year, but the $750k threshold does not apply. Seems like a total bug. TT, when will this be corrected? I've already paid my TT fees, and now I can't e-file? You've had folks complaining on this for at least a week or two and haven't offered any real support that I can see. My taxes were not super complicated, so please fix the issue soon or I'm definitely not coming back to TT.

treecatt
Returning Member

Supposedly it will be corrected after CA updates their forms on 2/10.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Our team is still working to resolve an error message for Schedule CA for mortgage interest adjustments.  This TurboTax Help article was updated last week with an expectation within 14 days.

Notifications Schedule CA mortgage interest adjustments

[edited 2/8/22 10:09 am PST with estimation of correction. No notification link]
@4colson

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same error. Not first time home buyer, mortgage less than 750k, one 1098. Waiting for the fix to come out, like everyone else.

@TeresaM There is no option to sign up for updates at the link you and your colleagues keep posting. Commenting is disabled on that statement as well, so no one can tell you directly, which is why this thread exists and people keep commenting on it. 

It may be time to share this with the media. National negative news is like a laxative to the constipated. It get things moving.

I am receiving this same error message on Schedule CA - your return has a mortgage interest adjustment...  however, the field that it wants me to make a change in is the IRA Distribution field.  This bug is preventing me from filing my taxes. Please correct and let me know when the fix is ready to install.

AC55
Returning Member

Have been working with turbotax chats on this for weeks.  I am not itemizing, and the mortgage interest adjustment does not apply.    Was told the bug would be fixed on Monday, but no, still getting same message. 

I received the same error message.  I received an email saying it had been fixed and I just had to update.  Updated and still getting the same error message.  I entered it manually into my CA return (added the part of interest not allowed because part of refinance was to give down payment to son) but I'm afraid to efile it.  So tired of TT not fixing things.  

I would suggest start posting this thread to social media account tagging Turbo Tax, post it on news site and hope that this will get you some traction to get a quick fix.

Same issue.  Can't file as of 2/8/2022

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue we are still working to resolve. For more information, please see the below TurboTax help article. Thank you for your patience!

Why am I receiving an error check message when going through the California state review?

@lcubed2004

@tzr916

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gregroso

This is also an issue in New York.  Are you aware of that as well?

This is showing as RESOLVED and is not... do I really need to take my business elsewhere to file my taxes?  I've used you guys for years but not being able to file my taxes for the past two weeks is HIGHLY irritating, especially since it is going to take longer and longer as we wait for our tax returns to even be processed in a timely matter!!

FIX IT!  And advise how to fix from the web Turbo Tax too... we aren't all using desktop versions and don't have access to an update area.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies