Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

All the support staff keeps on telling there will be a fix. Wait till Feb 10 but I am not 100% sure that would be the case will pray for you @jojongjin2. All the best. Very little you can now do since you have paid. If you are not able to file even after Feb 10 ask for a refund and file from elsewhere. I was a big fan of TT too, but this year they have messed the state filing. 

On top of that asking people to do the calculation on your own for complicated situation that does not makes sense to me at all. Then why should we even pay TT, we can file on our own 🙂

Srv

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

Tt

Srv

If you check for this form on the California tax board it is unavailable and or being updated. I contacted them and was told that the form won't be out for another 2 weeks. Turbo tax can't update until California makes it available. 

If that being the case TT should not accept any kind of payment from us and indicate it during the payment step so that people can take decision accordingly. This is like cheating your loyal customers and abusing the trust they have in TT. This is only going to have adverse effect on TT. They have one less customer for next year with hidden issues like these which they should be upfront in reporting to customers.

Some people do want to pay the online fees early.  Like to print or see all the forms before filing OR to lock in an early price or promo before the prices go up on March 1.

That is absolutely fine, the discussion here is related to the issues in State filing and if it is a well known bug to TT, they should alert the users before paying the fees. Let user make the choice before paying knowing there is a issue in State filing which would be fixed with whatever date fix would be available @VolvoGirl 

Skip222

Yes, having the same problem in NY

rmassey

I have had problems the past couple of years filing CA Return with TT due to an update needed.  This is ridiculous.  I am not paying EXTRA $100+ to talk with someone about this - your software should work no matter what.  I am paying for your services.

Honestly this, and last years mess that delayed my return filing in CA for a few weeks was the final straw. Since I had it setup to pay from the return, I just went to another provider and did it, and it filed right away. So not sure what BS support was saying about waiting for CA to update, as others can do it no problem. Already got the info that it was accepted. Sucks because I really do like Turbotax and have been using it for years. as comparison as well the refund amount was within 5.00 on both, so all is good on that front. 

I have this same problem and an hour and a half with support trying to fix it.  when do you expect a software fix and how will I know when and how to get it?  Additionally, why do live support agents not even know about this fatal software glitch that has clearly been an issue for weeks now?  And why is there not more easily accessed information for those of us affected?  And how will be compensated?

Oh MY God stop telling us to sign up for an alert when the update is available.  There is literally no way to do that with the link you are providing.  It is infuriating to deal with this incompetence and/or apathy.

It felt like I had more insights than what the online support team had.

To quote an old movie "We don't need no stinkin' badges !". I'm tired of that spam! All I want is a fix or some feedback that leads me to really believe a fix is in the pipeline.

Thank you AliciaP1, that worked perfectly. I can now file my NY state taxes.

Hi. Can you provide instructions on how to fix?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies