Ask the Experts about the Child Tax Credit >> Event happening NOW!
Navtex

Forms ready?

TurboTax 2019 Home & Business says that the Schedule A Sales Tax deduction area is not ready and Form 5695 is not ready, would I like a notification when they are?  Yes, I says, and shortly thereafter I receive emails saying they're both ready.  So I update my software and viola!, TurboTax 2019 Home & Business says that the Schedule A Sales Tax deduction area is not ready and Form 5695 is not ready, would I like a notification when they are?  WTF?  Me thinks sumpin's broken.  How do I get my software updated to include all available updated forms??  (The software says they should be ready by 1/21.  It's 2/21, so I'm guessing they're available, but the software is just not grabbing them.)

LinaJ2020

Forms ready?

Both Schedule A and 5695 are available. 

Let's check if you did your update correctly:

Open the program, from the top, under Online, select Check for Updates.

Navtex

Forms ready?

Yes, that is exactly how it was done (is there another way?).  In each instance the program came back and said my software was up to date.  Yet nothing appears to have been done.

mdq636

Forms ready?

I have the same issueforms not ready.JPG

Navtex

Forms ready?

Yep.  Tried again this morning and still getting the same message.  I thought this was the Technical forum?  Why isn't a programmer or other technical support employee jumping on here to provide some answers?  This is a serious bug in the software that is preventing us from completing an accurate tax return.

Sales Tax Msg.jpg

mrvegiboy

Forms ready?

I am also having this issue. Not painting a very flattering picture of Turbotax

msawage8

Forms ready?

Same issue here. Just filing a 1040 wtf did i pay for

Navtex

Forms ready?

Re: Forms ready? ****** PROBLEM SOLVED!! ********

Okay, to be clear, solved for me, but maybe not for you. :(

Yesterday I called TurboTax support (eight hundred-four four six - eight eight four eight) and reached a Tax Specialist (Jennifer) trying to double as a support tech.  After conferring with her manager, she supplied me with a link to an article that had its own link to a 184MB patch ((https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...)  Suffice it to say, the patch did not work for me because it did not even recognize that TurboTax 2019 was even installed (it is).

So I called TurboTax support again this morning and finally reached a bona fide tech.  Her name is Joy.  Ultimately, after providing her with my license code, she provided me with a fresh download of Home & Business with a new license code and viola! it worked beautifully.

It might help to know that I bought my TurboTax download from a 3rd party discount house, and it turned out to be garbage.  My only recommendation for the rest of you experiencing this problem that bought TT from a 3rd party is to try to get your money back and buy from Intuit, or reach out to customer support and see if you can get the same level of support I got.  FYI - Joy intimated that what she did for me is not typical and may not be available for everyone. :(

Dextra

Forms ready?

Same problem here

MichelleLO

Forms ready?

@Dextra  You may want to try manually updating your software. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for assistance with manually updating your TurboTax software:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

If that does not resolve your issue, please reach out to Customer Support via the Contact Us link below:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Makoto62

Forms ready?

I bought my copy of TurboTax from Amazon and the update link provided here worked for me.