Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jayhunter
Returning Member

Form Update

Form 1040 EIC and 1040 8812 for child tax credit keep telling me that the forms will be ready soon. So I choose the option to receive an email when they're ready. I have gotten emails twice and every time I go in the app and update the software it says that it's up to date but the forms haven't downloaded. Anyone having this problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

Form Update

It appears you are using the Business version of the TurboTax product. You need the Individual TurboTax software for both of the forms you mentioned.

Once you download the individual product, the Forms you seek will be available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jayhunter
Returning Member

Form Update

I just bought this software. How do I download the individual product

jayhunter
Returning Member

Form Update

It's the home and business version

KurtL1
Expert Alumni

Form Update

When you purchased the software you should have received an email, sent to the email address you entered on the purchase, with the Order confirmation. In the email there is a Blue box with the words View downloads. Select this to download your product.

In the same email there is a License Code. You will need this information to activate the software when you begin to use it.

jayhunter
Returning Member

Form Update

They sent me a new installation along with a activation code. Now every time I try to open a file I'm getting a error: 190 code asking me to download and pay for another state. I have never had problems in the past with this software.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Form Update

More help and details on the error 190 has been provided below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

Form Update

Hello jayhunter,

It is February 10, 2020 and I am  having the same exact problem you are, except it is for 8 different forms.

TurboTax will email me saying that all of the FORMS are ready, but when I try to update TurboTax software, it says Turbotax is up to date?  Then when I attempt to finish with en error check, it will shows all the same forms as not being ready... Diving me nuts, have gone through this email cycle with TT several time.

Were you able to solve this problem?

Form Update

Same here.  Its really frustrating to sit on this for weeks with no end in sight

Form Update

Weeks? Wow!!

There MUST be a solution. Obviously this is an error, because if they send email saying forms are ready, then why will TT software then say "software is up to date"??

Su cks...

Form Update

Yes, its been weeks.  The form I need still says that the release date is scheduled to be 1/21/2020.  I started my tax filing 3-4 days before that.  Every time I open the software, there are updates, but not for the section I need.  I don't see that changing until TT does something to fix it.  Or, I just may need to go buy a different software.  

jayhunter
Returning Member

Form Update

They issued me a refund for the software. I then ordered it off amazon. They sent me a product key and I been rolling every since.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies